Watamu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hidesgirl

New
Reaction score
We are going to be on vacation in Kenya starting the first week in October (two people). We have mostly been looking into diving in Watamu, but recently have read some not so favorable reviews and are concerned that our time would be better spent going further South possibly into Tanzania. The reviews have been diving in Kenya is not worth it go to Tanzania. So I am wondering for those of you that have been to Watamu what your opinion is and experience has been like. I have found lot's of info on diving in Tanzania but not very much on Watamu. Also we were looking at Aqua Ventures or Bluefin for a dive company, and still were deciding on a place to stay, so any recomendations on either of those areas would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

I already sent a PM, but I want to add to that that my dives were with Hanz Riedel (sp?) so I can't comment on the operations you mentioned.

Jambo,

Hows the diving in East Africa?

I did some diving in Watamu and Malindi when I was in the Peace Corps in Kenya. It was a good time and the dives were enjoyable. Vis was normally dependent on the river a little north of Malindi (the tana I think). I went with Aqua Ventures. When I had the chance I preferred to dive in Zanzibar but only had the opportunity to make one dive trip out there. I dove from Stone Town and the northern part of the island. Hope you had a good trip.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom