Watch out what you post!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe that was what he asked his lawyer at the dock?

Apparently, that's *exactly* the oath he took...

Yes, as opposed to a hypocratic oath. :wink: Isn't he supposed to do no harm? Also, as a doctor, isn't he REQUIRED to render assistance in an emergency - not withstanding that he caused it?

My point exactly. :eyebrow: I also feel that now some will disagree that the dr. should have his license pulled.

I can't tell you how impressed I was meeting him at Florida Free-Divers several months ago where I assume he still works. Extremely gentle nature and Paul Newman like piercing blue eyes...

Is there something you want to tell us? Dudes don't usually talk about another dudes eyes...

I'm just sayin'

I can't tell you how impressed I was meeting him at Florida Free-Divers several months ago where I assume he still works. Extremely gentle nature and Paul Newman like piercing blue eyes...

Is there something you want to tell us? Dudes don't usually talk about another dudes eyes...

I'm just sayin'

Don't worry... I don't think that Scott is Rob's type.... :rofl3:

I am not a lawyer, either, but I used to teach journalism, which includes the issue of libel.

While truth is a defense, it is not an absolute defense. Libel includes the concept of malice. If you are writing with the only real intention being to hurt this person, then malice comes into play. You can thus write the truth and still be guilty of libel. It is not, however, a cut and dried affair. ................

A little OT but would this not make about 90% of all political ads libelous? :eyebrow:

A little OT but would this not make about 90% of all political ads libelous? :eyebrow:

I really wonder how some of them can be allowed, frankly. This past year was staggering in that regard. I think it showed that the people who made the ads think the majority of Americans are morons because of the absolutely preposterous statements being made. They may be right, because the ads mostly worked.

H. L. Mencken said that no man has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public, and he was probably right.

I think it showed that the people who made the ads think the majority of Americans are morons.

Huh?

What?

I don't understand?

(I really DO understand, but if you think I didn't, well then you're in the majority)

Frivolous lawsuits: don't get me started! I have no doubts that this is one.,

First, I understand the need to keep justice open to everyone. But there should be some way for the accused to demand a bond to cover their expenses should their accusers lose.

Quite often, these kinds of cases are not waged to get any money, but to RUIN the person they are suing with mounting legal costs. It's just plain wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom