Watching Men's Olympic Swimming .....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The Speedos -- and their high-tech long-legged, long-sleeved but equally form-fitting cousins -- aren't bad-looking at all. IMHO. Of course, neither are the swimmers wearing them :wink:

Given that, why are so many divers so insanely, rabidly anti-Speedo? Or man-sock, or any of the billions of euphemisms hanging out there .... :)

Just not macho enough?

Curiously....

DM

....or banana hammock...just emphasizes guy stuff too much, which, in general, most men and women don't really need to see. Besides, form fitting clothes on women is so much more appealing :D

Now to settle in for some women's beach volleyball on TV..

divemistress:
Given that, why are so many divers so insanely, rabidly anti-Speedo? Or man-sock, or any of the billions of euphemisms hanging out there .... :)

DM

Unfortunately the speedo is the standard here. And they just don't look the same on a guy who spends as much time hoisting a few as the Olympic swimmers spend training each day :) YMMV :p

And they just don't look the same on a guy who spends as much time hoisting a few as the Olympic swimmers spend training each day

AAH yep, I agree as the same for the fair sex when someone looks great when poured into a bikini, as compared to someone who pours out of one.....

divemistress:
The Speedos -- and their high-tech long-legged, long-sleeved but equally form-fitting cousins -- aren't bad-looking at all. IMHO. Of course, neither are the swimmers wearing them :wink:

Just not macho enough?

Curiously....

DM
I wear them all the time, when I'm swimming laps. Speedo's are designed for exactly that, speed. They were never meant to be fashon swimwear.

James

A hillariously funny complement . . .

My wife, our daughter, a friend of our daughter's and I were up at a local lake this summer. The ladies were catching some rays and I was doing a bit of easy diving with a buddy.

As I'm gearing up, I slip off my shorts and am mucking about in my speedo a bit while I was setting up my gear.

I overhear my daughter's friend say, "Your dad looks kinda hot for an old, bald headed guy!"

Hey, whatever!!! I'll take the complement.

Stay in shape, guys . . .

I happen to be a HUGE fan of the Speedo. But only on the right person. I think that is the root of the problem. There are some people who look divine in them, and there are some that look, well, not so divine. :nope:

The guys last night that won the 4X200 Relay are now named "The 4 HOTT Men" at my house just because of me. I'm not a big fan of skimpy swimwear but on the right person I make acceptions. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom