Water is still dirty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Merry and I dived Halfway Reef yesterday. The ocean was calm but visibility was still a green, hazy ten feet at best. My 105mm lens doesn't like to focus in bad conditions. :(

The new motors run great. We're getting better mileage and faster speed than the old motors. The new Honda HD-4 gauge is a different story. It refuses to show an accurate number of gallons of fuel, especially in the port tank. Sometimes it shows zero, then 75 gallons. I've checked connections and settings but can't figure out a solution.

52665799379_5423d5bdf7_b.jpg

Ancula gibbosa laying eggs

52665941500_5b4fc6ce93_b.jpg

Ancula gibbosa

52665798874_8e61520701_b.jpg

Hermissenda opalescens

52665798609_c256c3ec2b_b.jpg

Serpula columbiana

Merry and I dived Halfway Reef yesterday. The ocean was calm but visibility was still a green, hazy ten feet at best. My 105mm lens doesn't like to focus in bad conditions. :(

I was out in Pt Loma and Ocean Beach on Wednesday.

The Pt Loma dive was deep (275') and I think the haze didn't clear up until around 150 feet or deeper. Below that it was "clear-ish" but very dark -- essentially a night dive.

The Ocean Beach dive was 140-ish feet deep and was hazy and 5-10' vis all the way down and at the bottom.

I've heard that Catalina has good vis right now but I think anything near-shore is going to be bad for a while.

- brett

Back
Top Bottom