Water logged ears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,
Any hot tips for waterlogged ears?
It depends on where the water is logged. If there's a small annoying drop trapped between some ear wax and your TM, then the above advice might do enough to reduce the surface tension of the water and let it drain out. If you've inadvertently introduced water into your middle ear, then putting drops in the external ear canal will not be of benefit. In that case, a mild Valsalva while sitting upright can help push the water down through the Eustachian tube. Don't do it too vigorously or too often, and if the ear won't clear easily, stop.

Best regards,
DDM

Go to cvs and buy and ear dryer. It will put a stream of hot air into your ear to dry it out. I wear vented ear plugs for diving. They allow me to clear and keep a good bit of water out. I also find wearing a hood helps to keep water from rushing into my ears on entry or when I move my head sharply underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom