Water Temp. in Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We returned this weekend from two full days of diving with Stuart Cove. It was a blast.

I used a full 3mil wetsuit, and in addition, my 3mil (marino lined) hooded vest. This was quite comfortable for 7 of the 8 dives. The last dive was the shark feed, and the last 5 minutes of sitting on the bottom I started to get cold.

The water temp was 73 (75 max at the surface). There were some divers with hooded 3mil wetsuits. But mostly 3mil full suits. Only a couple of women said anything about being cold after multiple dives.

You should have a great time. It's a big operation, but they take very good care of you. I would dive with them again.

We dove in groups from 13 to 3. It's hit or miss on how many will be on your boat.

The only thing I didn't like was other divers with cameras....I got run over so many times it wasn't funny. Folks need to learn to look away from the view finder and be aware of other divers!

Have a great trip!

Dragon2115:
My computer registered 73 degrees at depth yesterday (Feb 3rd) on the shark dive with Stuart Cove's. There was a slight thermocline at around 30 fsw, you even could see the shimmer as you got close to it, but it was mild, only a few degrees. We wore 3mm hooded vests under our 3mm full wetsuits and were very comfortable. Most wore just a 3mm full and were fine but we were doing eight dives in two days so the added insulation was worth it.

The shark feed was a blast. I can see how people could get bored with it if they've done it a couple of times where you just sit there watching. But if you've never done it before it's well worth it. Our DM/feeder got bit, which happens regularly, only this time penetrated the chainmail of his glove. He got a small cut on his thumb and one tooth punctured his thumb nail and lodged removing the tooth from the shark.

As much as some find the feeding thing bad for the natural behavior of the sharks I saw that it did serve a useful purpose. Some of the sharks had hooks in their mouths from fishermen and the feeder was able to cut the rigging free so that it couldn't get caught on anything. The hook that was left will rust out within a couple of weeks from there.

Have fun I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. I'm writing this as I wait for my ride to the airport so if you do PM me I won't see it until tomorrow.
Thanks so much for responding. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I was wondering since the outside temperature stays around the 70's during this time of year, how were the temperatures of the swimming pools? Could you swim or were they too cold?

We are staying at the Sandals Bohamian.

Thanks so much for responding. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I was wondering since the outside temperature stays around the 70's during this time of year, how were the temperatures of the swimming pools? Could you swim or were they too cold?

We are staying at the Sandals Bohamian.

I don't know how the pools at the hotels over at Cable Beach are, but the one at the Towne Hotel is shaded most of the day and it wasn't heated. I stuck a paw in their while I was leak checking a camera and there was no way any more of me was going in without a drysuit. :)

Back
Top Bottom