Water Temp Lately???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey fellas,

Anybody have some temp readings of late? At varying depths would be the best of course? I'm headed to diver's cove with a buddy this week, wondering where the thermo is these days.

thanks!

Two weeks ago it was 52 at 70 feet.

saturday by the dam it was about 50 at 95 feet, with about 2' vis. We found that the "sweet spot" was about below the 2nd thermocline at around 55-65' with the vis there between 8-15' depending on the bottom consistency. Along the dam at the bottom of the riprap we saw 20' vis at times.

mark found an old lantern that looked like it have been down there for 20 years. I found a full tackle box at 60 feet that looks like it has been there for at least the same length of time. There are some really old wooden painted lures in there that once cleaned up might be collectibles. we'll see.

Martin, you are a packrat, but i guess most divers are when you dive a garbage hole like lanier :p

sincei joined the group becuase i was curious, and it defaulted there. And ive been too wrapped up in trying to get a ceahp flight to England for christmas to change it.

Back
Top Bottom