Water temp. of Kauai in Jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcwei

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Divers,

Heading Kauai in one week, I am wondering the water temperature at this time? I am from tropical water of Taiwan, and only has 3 mm wet-suit, but still want to make a few dives. Any suggestions for me to still enjoy the water, thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ruey

Aloha and welcome in advance! Water temp here is around 75-77 degrees at the moment. Most divers prefer a 5mm this time of year but a 3mm can work depending upon how many dives you are doing, how deep, etc. Hope this info helps :O)

sometimes the water can get down to 73 degrees or so if there's been a lot of rain or it has been especially cold. I would go with a 4 or 5mm full length suit when you dive here. hope you have fun diving.

Aloha, aascubagirl, thanks for your response, and I just came across your post in another tread "info about Kauai", which is quite helpful. In fact, I would like to accept your advice of trying a shore dive with Aquatic Adventures. My stay in Kauai is from Jan. 11-19, and the last three days I am pretty much free, so do I need to book in advance, and how much will it cost? I am certified, but not going to bring the heavy grears (ie regulator, BC, and weight), so I need to rent them. I would also like to do boat dive and snorkeling, any suggestions? Thanks!

Ruey

Bah, silly browser error caused a double post.

Last edited:
Aloha, aascubagirl, thanks for your response, and I just came across your post in another tread "info about Kauai", which is quite helpful. In fact, I would like to accept your advice of trying a shore dive with Aquatic Adventures. My stay in Kauai is from Jan. 11-19, and the last three days I am pretty much free, so do I need to book in advance, and how much will it cost? I am certified, but not going to bring the heavy grears (ie regulator, BC, and weight), so I need to rent them. I would also like to do boat dive and snorkeling, any suggestions? Thanks!

Ruey

Ha, I'm going to be there on much the same time frame. I'd also like any and all info you want to toss out.. *grin*

Back
Top Bottom