Water temperature - Yonaguni in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geoff_H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Off to see the hammerheads and pyraminds between Jan 2nd and Jan 7th.

Anyone got a heads up on how warm the water will be then?

cheers
Geoff

A colleague told me 19 degrees water temp which is a bit chilly! 24 looks good though, thanks a lot!

Hope to get some good ones, but my small little camera won't give me the nice hammerhead shots if there are any suspended particles in the water...

And as for any other type of sharks, unless someone invents a camera that can take good pictures while finning away as fast as possible can I won't be taking photos!

Well I'm going to be making the hour-long flight from Okinawa to Yonaguni from tomorrow for a week, and will be diving for 4 days. Will give a report when I get back and will try to get some photos up here to share :)

Cheers!

I'll be flying back and arriving in Tokyo on Jan 1st, and in Yonaguni on Jan 2nd.

We'll be diving with a DS with a URL something like ww.yonagunids.com but I can't find it now. Maybe I'll see you there! :)

Well the water was around 25C during the whole of my trip, with the air temperature around 20C but with a hell of a northerly wind. Expect a full report once I get unpacked and sorted!

Looking forward to it :)

Did you see any hammerheads?

The strong currents and my inepitude as an underwater photographer meant I didn't get (m)any good shots. A few pictures are up at

http://www.esnips.com/web/Yonaguni

Did you get delayed on the island? Our return flight was cancelled due to high winds but luckily we just managed to squeeze onto one the next day.

cheers
Geoff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom