Water Temps! Hot, Hot, Hot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday (Sunday August 21, 2005) we registered 88 degrees at the bottom in shallow water off Sebastian, Flordia. The day started at 86 degree in the morning and was 88 upon the last dive. It was great to dive without a wetsuit, diveskins only or in the case of my buddie a T-shirt and swimsuit. How warm was the water where you were diving? Let's get a Florida report. Jacksonville, Jupiter, Miami, Keys, Venice, Tampa, Panama City, Pensacoloa what was your water temperture?

At seventy some feet off Panama City Beach it was 77-80 degrees (depending on the instrument used)

Have questions about your report?

How shalow were you? and did you allow the gauge to settle at the actual temp. of the water at that depth?

I was in and out of the water in the Barge Canal off Port Canaveral Sunday and the surface water was 89.2 according to the fishfinder.

What was the visibility like at Sebastian?

We treasure dive off Sebastian and were never below 30' yesterday. I saw a trip report of someone off Jupiter saying water there was 89 degrees. I'd still like to hear from other SB members in Florida on water temps in there neighborhood.

Riviera/Jupiter.. close enough, just a few streets apart for the marinas. 89 was definitely it yesterday... the Captain couldn't say "divedivedive" fast enough.. I was off the platform before the DM was!

I registered 89.7 & 90.3 off of Venice on Saturday, and 86.7 off of Pepper Park in Ft Pierce. The water in Venice felt HOT!!!! I was diving in my 1mm.

Al

That seems like it is too hot for diving, must be nice.

dlndavid:
That seems like it is too hot for diving, must be nice.

I think I only went diving twice the entire 18 months I was stationed in Sunnyvale. Brrr... that water was cold... I didn't have many dive buddies there...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom