Water Temps in Coz. This Weekend 4/9/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff Toorish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone know the water temps, surface and at depth, in Cozumel right now, early April, 2010? Will a 3mm suffice or is a 5mm better?

Jeff

3 days ago, surface temp was 25C, Air Temp was 28 and I dove a 3/2 full suit and was perfectly comfortable and in fact a bit too warm above 5m.

Caution though. I'm from Canada, and last time I was there, I dove in a bathing suit and the DM's and tourists thought I was insane.

Thanks Rutger.

I'm in Maine, so I'm used to cold temperatures.

Jeff

Got home on April 5th following a week at Scuba Club. The water temp was 79 degrees
at depth all week. I dove my 3mm full suit all week and never got cold. I took a hooded vest along on the trip but never wore it. My wife wore her 5mm full and was was fine all week. So whatever works for you in 79-80 degree water will likely be the right choice.

Got home on April 3rd and average water temp for the week was 76 degrees. I dove a dive skin and a pair of shorts all week and was fine.

I kinda laugh when I see the DM's wearing 3mm full with 5mm shorties over top and full hood and shivering. I'm used to 7c water year-round up here...

I kinda laugh when I see the DM's wearing 3mm full with 5mm shorties over top and full hood and shivering. I'm used to 7c water year-round up here...

You've got to remember that those guys are doing anywhere from 2 to 4 dives per day, sometimes even more, for 5 - 6 days a week. Their core temps have a hard time ever catching up to where it's supposed to be.

Got back on the 4th. It was 79 the hold time underwater. Everyone on the boat was getting about 78-79 on their computers. We did 3 dives a day for 7 days and I was getting a little cold by the end. I think it was more getting out of the water. Some days were only in the 75-78 above water and windy. I usually do not get cold but by the 7th day of diving it was feeling cold

Back
Top Bottom