Waterproof Brand Wetsuit Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabrosa379

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hola amigos! I am excited to have been recently OW certified in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, and know that I have a long and bright future of diving ahead of me. I will probably continue to rent gear while I'm getting the first 50 or so dives under my belt, but I am starting to look at gear, price check, get advice, etc. One of the wetsuits I am interested in is from a brand called Waterproof. Any of you lady divers have experience with this wetsuit or the brand itself? Any information is greatly appreciated. :)

Waterproof W1 5mm Front Zip Full Wetsuit

:eek:fftopic: Congratulations on your OW, I'm not a lady, but I have a Waterproof wet-suit, and I love it. I'm an odd size so it was hard for me to find a suit that fits, and it's perfect for me, and I was able to get in on closeout. Check out their website in the closeout and you might get lucky and get a good price on your size. I have the 3mil Capri, and I'm thinking about getting the 7 mil w2.

Also not a lady, but a multi Waterproof wetsuit owner. A 3mm and a 5mm, and they are the best hands down and not really that pricey.

My 3mm is 4 years old and is still excellent, while other brand wetsuits I have that are newer, are in far worse condition and from fewer dives....

Definately a quality brand, I have hood, gloves and drysuit by Waterproof and they are built to last.

I looked at Waterproof wet & dry suits yesterday at an LDS here in Portland. I was really impressed by the dry suit and the wet suits looked really good to. Both types of suits seemed to be put together really well. I am definitely considering getting a dry suit in the future.

Go to the Waterproof-USA web site...They are having a 'trade-in' promotion...Exchange ANY wetsuit, in any condition and get 20% off a new W1, W2 or W3.....The W1's are going to be discontinued soon so all sizes may not be available......There's a store locator on their web site.......I use custom suits but have dive 'buddies' who use Waterproof [for the front zipper entry] and are very happy w/them........They also have a greater size selection than other brands......

Be sure to try on the one you like. Different manufacturers sizing varies. I have a Waterproof dry suit which I love. Great quality of construction and styling.

Most of my female dive buddies will swear by Waterproof because of the fit. Waterproof does offer more sizes than other brands. My next 5mm will be a waterproof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom