Waterproof D1 - dry zip lubrication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil_C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi - I have a D1 that I have been diving for a couple of years now, and am still very happy and impressed with. I have always lubricated the zip with a propriety zip lube, but have recently begun to wonder if one of the high tech spray lubrications available would do as well or better.

I have access to PTFE spray lubricant and as PTFE is marketed as 'inert' and used in medical and electrical situations for this reason wondered if there was any potential damage likely to be caused if I clean/brush the dry zip to remove old lube, then use a PTFE spray lubricant on the zip?

I also have access to silicone spray lubricant but have never fancied using this as it is a messier spray and not so easy to apply very precisely.

Any comments or thoughts from the manufacturers please?

Many thanks - Phil

I only recently got a D1, but of all the people I dive with who have that sort of zipper use a bar of natural bees wax to keep the zipper dry/lubricated. So I'm using it myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom