Waterproof USA? opinions and insight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shawley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I keep seeing all these advertisements for waterproof usa. Went to their website, looks nice and im interested in the products. Anyone used these products? They are a little expensive, is their cost worth it?

My 3 mil full suit has held up better than any of my co-workers suits from most of the other major manufacturers...

it fits great, is contoured well, the stitching is all still there, and it doesn't feel any thinner after a couple hundred dives than it did new, which is more than I can say about some of the other major names in wetsuits...

Best fitting and warmest wetsuit I've ever worn. I got my first Waterproof at the last Seaspace in Houston, about 5 years ago. I'm on my second one now. The fit is excellent, it is easy to get into and out of, and it is warm. I used to wear Bares, right up until the major wetsuit manufacturers figured out how to save a little money and put in shorter zippers and a "hyperstretch" panel in the small of the back. After ripping out 3 hyperstretch panels in a season, (I used to wear out a Bare every year anyway), I decided to spend the money on a Waterproof, and won't ever go back, at least until they decide to make the zippers too short so they will save a buck on each wetsuit.

Got my 7mm Aries suit from these guys, and I love it. Kept me super warm through out a full day of diving at 50-55F. No other protection needed at all. Also, it fits really well and makes reaching valves easier than other wetsuits i have worn. I also have a friend, here on SB, that used his while diving wet in Massachusetts. Great suits, would recommend wholeheartedly.

+1 for Waterproof....I've got both a 7mm and a 5mm (both full suits/one piece) from Waterproof....and have my eye on a 3mm (budget permitting)....they're the best wetsuit I've dove yet...they're not an economy priced brand, but cheap $ suits are usually cheap for a reason, there's no free lunch!

Well I have to add my 2 cents because I love my new Draco from Waterproof! I have had an Oceanic Biodry and a Bare Trilam HD. These were nice suits but I just did not really enjoy diving them and got rid of them both within 6 months. I have always liked how a wetsuit felt. However, the more I dive (and I dove a lot) the more I have realized that I needed to find a drysuit I could wear. After a lot of searching and reading reviews, I decided to buy the Draco from Waterproof. I worked directly with the Northern Ca rep for Waterproof as I needed to be convinced that this suit would fit correctly and I would not end up getting rid of another suit. It arrived 3 weeks ago and man I gotta tell ya, this suit friggin rocks!! I absolutely love it. When I tested it the first time in the pool, I couldn't believe how well it fit and how great it felt. No annoying wrinkles, stiffness and feeling of being vacuum packed! Lots of flexibility, and feels like I am wearing a pair of pajamas. The quality of the suit is amazing. the attention to detail was very impressive. You probably can't tell but I really loved diving it. This past weekend, 48 degree water for 56-60 minute dives while spearing. I also picked up the Body Zor undergarments and they are extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this suit. PM me if you have any questions. What a weekend. I am a huge fan!!

i replaced my hendersons with waterproof. no regrets.

Hey, all, I agree with these posts that the quality of Waterproof can't be beat. I am giving up cold water diving and thus selling my practically new Waterproof Draco. It's listed here, but thought I'd post and mention it in case you know of someone looking for a great deal. Women's Size Medium. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom