Waterproof USA? opinions and insight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know what the features are on the W-3? front zip,etc...? thank u

I haven't had a chance to try any of the Waterproof drysuits, but I have used Waterproof's fleece undergarments, and they're great. Warm and lightweight, very soft and comfortable on the inside, with easy movement. I especially like their fleece cap, which I wear under my latex dryhood (as well as on the boat or shore after the dive.) It keeps my head warm even if it gets damp.

I have tried Henderson, Harvey's and Waterproof.

I love my Waterproof! My girlfriend has two Waterproof wetsuits and she loves them, too!

I've had the W1 7mm for about a year and love it. Keeps me warm, minimal water intrusion with seals at wrists and ankles, and yes, it looks pretty awesome too. I've got 125+ dives on it and it still looks almost new. I also have their tropical 1.5mm gloves.

Overall, outstanding quality and design. They really thought of everything.

I will say though that since their neoprene isn't a superstretch like some of the other brands, getting the right fit is even more important. Re: the W1, the front zip is not for everyone...most of my guy buddies who tried it on were uhm, *uncomfortable*. The W2 however is a back zip and looks great. I'd like to get later this year since the 7mm comes in black and PINK!

I will say though that since their neoprene isn't a superstretch like some of the other brands, getting the right fit is even more important.

This is much more of a blessing than you realize...

Every super stretchy wetsuit I've seen hardly lasts any time at all before being thinner than you can imagine... I'm talking 5 mil wetsuits that within a few months are thinner than my 3 mil Waterproof that is almost 4 years old...

to Ohio Divers, yes, a few posts above you in this string, a diver named "Kevjl2" posted about his Waterproof Draco. You can read his post. They're fantastic suits. I can't dive CA waters any longer due to motion sickness and am selling mine if you're interested. It's only been used 3x.

This is much more of a blessing than you realize...

Every super stretchy wetsuit I've seen hardly lasts any time at all before being thinner than you can imagine... I'm talking 5 mil wetsuits that within a few months are thinner than my 3 mil Waterproof that is almost 4 years old...

Agreed! I much prefer my W1 vs. the superstretchy suits. I had a '4 way stretch' wetsuit as well from another brand, and I stopped using it as soon as I got my Waterproof. I also dropped 5 lbs of trim weight I was using to offset the extra buoyancy from the stretchy suit! :shocked2:

Go Waterproof!

I went on their website to find the local dealer, but when I asked at the shop about the waterproof suits, they told me they weren't carrying them anymore because the were having a hard time fitting people! I really like the design of the suit and was bummed that I couldn't find a dealer "on Island"

i dive a W1 7mm (front zip) Waterproof
nicest price of gear i own currently

only issue has been the zipper pulls breaking - easily replaced with corded pulls.

Back
Top Bottom