Wave Model 11/7 Purple!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what comes after purple, but I do know that forecast doesn't match the NOAA forecasts, FWIW.

I've been out there in 25-30 foot seas on a cruise ship and it was pretty friggen rough. Waves were washing over the stairs onto the grass at Breakwater, and over the breakwater wall and into the parking lot, then the water would go back down the boat ramp.

Impressive to say the least.

Who is Stormsurf.com? that is a pretty impressive wave forecast (great for Mavericks I guess) and as Dannobee notes does not match the NOAA forecast at least in Monterey. But NOAA does call for high seas on Saturday, so may not be greatest weekend for diving. Where do the Stormsurf forecasts come from?

NOAA Monterey Bay:
FRI
NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING W IN THE EVENING...THEN...
BECOMING NE AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES LESS THAN 2 FT. NW SWELL
2 TO 5 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SAT
NE WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES LESS THAN 1 FT.
NW SWELL 5 TO 8 FT.

Jon, does
AN ASSOCIATED LARGE NORTHWESTERLY SWELL TRAIN WILL ARRIVE FRIDAY WITH HIGH SEAS EXPECTED ACROSS ALL COASTAL WATER OVER THE WEEKEND.

keep you high and dry for the weekend?

Kevin-All back to normal and waiting to dive I presume..good news!

It does not look good this weekend...

It doesn't look good, but if the swell train veers a bit further north, we might
be OK. Time will tell.

Me: I have Lobos reservations both days, and I just paid Sunday (got it last
week, they lost the first request in their computer problems). Oh well,
time to start sorting slides for my new show.

It doesn't look good, but if the swell train veers a bit further north, we might
be OK. Time will tell.

Me: I have Lobos reservations both days, and I just paid Sunday (got it last
week, they lost the first request in their computer problems). Oh well,
time to start sorting slides for my new show.

Chuck,

Do you pay a different fee for launching out on your Whaler from the ramp? Or do you just pay the regular admissions fee of the shore divers?

With the model showing the swells so high, I assume no boats go out correct? It's a shame Chuck that the conditions look so uninviting because last Saturday Monastery was just spectacular...

From the PZ560 page:

.SAT...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT. NW SWELL 12 TO
14 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
.SUN...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT. NW SWELL 9 TO
11 FT.

Not good, but better than the 30+ ft swells predicted by the Stormsurf site.

It might be a rough ride back if we go South to Lobos Rocks. :shocked2:

I hate the wind and wind waves more than the big swells, but either one makes it tougher to gear up on the boat. Combine them and it's probably better to stay at home and do yard or housework. Or go wine tasting or to the Aquarium.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom