Way too many Whalesharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool bananas!!!
We're going to Isla for the very first time on August 1st. Now I'm even more pumped!!

Hello folks,

I will have to post pics later when I have a chance. I am still on vacation. I dove Chac Mool cenotes today. Another cool adventure in the Yucatan!! The place that just keeps on giving.
Heading back to Cozumel Thursday for more diving.

Mary

jason, great video man and awesome viz, nicely done!
the sharks have been great so far all season and only one day with the port closed. to see a hundred whale sharks is a blessing, around 10 days ago there was also an albino whale shark, how about that!?

Hiya Ben, glad you liked it! And yeah its been a good season as far as numbers of whale sharks go. :D And an albino shark you say?...cool! Wish I coulda filmed that!

We'll be on Cozumel August 4th...We've done other trips to Tulum and Akumal, but never done one of these snorkles.... Can someone give me a bit of info? I know it would be an all day thing, probably ferry to the mainland etc etc, but I'd LOVE to do it! I'll be staying at SCC, btw.

Thanks!

It can be done from Cozumel. Go to Tank Ha website and they can set you up. You can also take an airplane if you have enough people to share the cost of small plane. About $600. There are also dive shops on Cozumel who can set up a whale shark snorkel. The dive shops are really just acting as third parties to the speed boats in Cancun.

Essentially, you would likely ferry over on the 5 AM ferry to Playa...then take a Mini Van (set up by dive shop) to a small boat dock in Cancun. From there you speed boat north up the coast to the whale sharks. It is much easier than the threads make it sound. This time of year it is very easy for all the speed boats to locate the whale sharks and they relay the information to each other over radio.

And there were plenty of whale sharks to go around!!

Mary

again today, 12 july. over 100 whale sharks and blue water, 80ft viz easy, this is the time and should not be missed!!
absolutely incredible and you dont even have to swim, they come from all angles!!
I arrive in Cozumel next week. Do you think the blue water and hundreds of Whales will still be around? This big boy would really enjoy not having to work hard to keep up with the whales. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom