Way Too Much Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downside of Zeagle is parts for them can't be obtained everywhere. Same with many regulator brands. I would look around at your local shops and see what they sell and service then make a list of what they have comapred to your wants and needs and shop accordingly.

BC- zeagle express tech. No question.

Did you add the padded shoulders to your Express Tech? Or do you always dive with a wetsuit?

I love the Express Tech idea, but for me no padded shoulders is no good because I am usually topless or just wearing a rash guard. I saw that Zeagle makes comfy add on bits for wimps like me.

No padding. If I wanted that I'd have kept the poodle jacket. I wear a skin or light suit in the pool and always something in ow. Too many times I've seen divers with scrapes, little cuts, stings, or some kind of irritation. A simple skin would take care of the majority of those. I also dive a bpw the same once. Once under water the straps soften up and I don't even know they are there. I had more trouble with padding irritating me more than any hogarthian type harness.

I haven't seen the express tech. I have seen the Aqualung Zuma travel BC. They make a nice travel case that you can carry. For traveling it looked like a nice set up to me. The dive shop I use has them. The fins, mask, BC, reg and alternate air all fit in the roller suitcase. If you want I will send you a link to the shop I use. They sell on the internet. I can pm you the link if you want.

If I'm making a horrible mistake on either of the above, please let me know.

It all depends what your requirements are. The only thing you really stated was minimalism. There are more minimalist options available than what you listed.

(And, yes, I did consider a backplate and wings, but I just don't like back flotation. On the surface I swim on my back so it just makes sense to have a vest.)

I surface swim on my back too. Funnily, that is one of the reasons why I love my BP&W.... it gives excellent support when swimming like that. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom