Weapon from WWII in Darwin Harbour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a good laugh when I read this, so funny:
What! Is this the New Navy?
I can not think of a MCDO [Mine Clearance Diving Officer] "pulling the pin" this quick.:thinkingof:
Having dived wrecks off Darwin where the visibility was terrible, I would assume it is worse inside the harbour. Probably cannot see more than a foot in front of them.

As to anchor dragging, unlikely anyone would anchor there. Only possible problem would be pulling it to the surface anyway.

I would assume it is worse inside the harbour. Probably cannot see more than a foot in front of them.
True, I have been lucky with OK vis at times there, Navy CDs are trained to dive in little to no vis, it's was called 10 eyes diving, you have 10 fingers.
Very soft touch 10 eyes. :snorkeler:

Grow to over 5 metres. There is a stuffed one in the Darwin Museum that big.
Terrifying. Crocodiles freak me out more than sharks. I'll get in the water any day with a shark but when the resident croc at one of the cenotes in Tulum slides into the water I get all cold and clammy.

Terrifying. Crocodiles freak me out more than sharks. I'll get in the water any day with a shark but when the resident croc at one of the cenotes in Tulum slides into the water I get all cold and clammy.
Sharks may attack you, crocodiles will.

ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) 7 pm TV News just showed the bomb being blown up. A bit of water splashed above the surface, probably more from the explosives used.

ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) 7 pm TV News just showed the bomb being blown up. A bit of water splashed above the surface, probably more from the explosives used.
Too bad they didn't do a gender reveal.

Back
Top Bottom