Wearing Whites shirt and being called racist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aussie82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I wore my Whites t-shirt to work today and my supervisor called me a racist. LOL:doh2: I had to explain to him that it was a drysuit manufactuer and show him the website. Has anyone else run into this? Guess I won't wear this shirt to work anymore.

Alastair

Get yourself an "....YZ" tee to wear on alternating days. :D

hell i'd wear it to work every day of the week ...your "supervisor" should be the one doing the "rug dance " i would demand a written and verbal apology

Next you should get an All Blacks rugby jersy and wear that. That'll show the idiot.

Next you should get an All Blacks rugby jersy and wear that. That'll show the idiot.

Considering I'm originally from Australia and my Aunt is a Kiwi (New Zealander) that wouldn't be that difficult. :D

Considering I'm originally from Australia and my Aunt is a Kiwi (New Zealander) that wouldn't be that difficult. :D

As an Aussie, you would seriously consider wearing an All Blacks jersey? Crikey, I'm from SA. We use OZ and All Black Jerseys as rags in the garage and to dry our dogs after we bathe them. :wink:

People often speak before they think... it happens here all the time. :D

In College I had an "I climbed Mt Dora" bumper sticker which my room mate thought especially arrogant. Never mind that Mt Dora is a sleepy burb in Central Florida with a max height of 200 feet. He never saw the humor.

Years later, my friends mom embroidered "Mt Dora Alpine Rescue Team" on shirts for us and our sons. Wearing that to a Rock Climbing center got me on the fast track to becoming a climbing instructor. :D People clue in on whatever they are sensitized to and quite often strain the gnat while swallowing a camel. :D

I'd wear one just to piss off my boss. (It would be worth it.) I've lived in the US since I was about 12 and haven't been back in about 10 years. I also served in the US Army for about 5 years so you could say I'm a little confused on where I stand on nationality. Anyway it would be worth pissing my boss off with an All Blacks Jersey. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom