Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
What's the weather generally like in south Florida the last two weeks of September?

evad once bubbled...
What's the weather generally like in south Florida the last two weeks of September?

Not quite as hot, still humid, with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Keep one eye on the tropics for anything headed westward.....

You would have a better chance winning the lottery. We have so many variables all through the state, that it's really hard to pin-point it. Deepstops has probably about as good a guess as you are going to get. Be prepared for anything (including hail) and just be flexible.

Wow. You guys are fast. Thanks. I thought I'd ask because Oct. has always been terrible. I just bought a lottery ticket.

evad once bubbled...
I thought I'd ask because Oct. has always been terrible. I just bought a lottery ticket.

Don't get your hopes up over September then. :D October is better than September, which is the peak hurricane/tropical storm month.

Personally, November and the beginning of December are my favorite times down here. Not too hot or humid, nights are cool, daily rains are over. And it's starting to get cold enough up north to make it worthwhile calling friends up there to say how nice it is in Florida. :D

Marc

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know. Maybe November.

evad once bubbled...
Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know. Maybe November.

November is not only a prime month weather-wise, mid-September thru mid-November are prime months in the Keys price wise for lodging (with the exception of Key West for Fantasy Fest weekend around Halloween). And the water is still at least in the high 70s usually.

evad once bubbled...
Wow. You guys are fast. Thanks. I thought I'd ask because Oct. has always been terrible. I just bought a lottery ticket.

If you bought a lotto ticket, dont come to FL during the rainy season. Statistically speaking, you've a higher chance of being struck by lightning in FL than winning the lotto.

The other fellas have it right on the head about the rains. We're getting so much so regular lately that its constantly standing around here.. November through mid December even close to New Year isn't so bad.. but usually by then we've had a cool front move through. While the dive isnt so bad, its standing on the boat or shore afterwards that is! Brrrrrrrrrr!

I usually go Nov./ early Dec. . I'm not working and am antsi (nyc is not a healthy or cheap place for me and idle hands). I didn't know Sept. is as bad as Oct. ,so I'm really glad I asked. Thanks again. This saved me a lot of pain. At least here, I'm not feeling much pain. Back to plan A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom