Web galleries...which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just curious what web galleries uw photographers are using and why. Some of the ones I've heard mentioned are: Flickr, PhotoBucket, Snapfish and Shinning Sea Studio.

Being new to photography, I might not be aware of what my future storage needs are. But for now I'm looking for a free place to store photos and be able to give others album specific access.

Thanks,

PH

ShiningSeaStudio is my personal website. It is hosted by Smugmug, which you can add to your list of possible selections.
Flickr does not prevent right click copying of your pictures by visitors. You can avoid that with Smugmug. Not certain about the other sites you list. I pay for access. The amount you pay depends on the service level you want.
Based on your comments, I suspect Flickr might meet your needs and price.

A terrabyte of free space on flickr is a good start, is it not?

MaxBottomtime theres ways around pretty much anything on the web, isnt there? MOST people cant be assed though, fortunately :)

+1 for Flickr. The new layout and large storage allowance make this one easier. I'm about to sign up.

Until now I have been using PBase. I like the simplicity of their galleries- very simple HTML with an option to prevent right clicking. You can customize the fonts and colors in each gallery. The dowside is that the storage allowance is small and PBase's search capabilities are small.

FYI stopping right clicking on images does very little. Anyone using Firefox with only a modest amount of experience would know how to bypass it.

Back
Top Bottom