Web site for Seafree Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tizzy

Registered
Reaction score
New to this board, finding the information posted very helpful.
I have read on another website that there is a new resort/hotel on Utila called Seafree Resort. I am trying to get information/web address but unable to find anything. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to firm up plans for my Feb./05 vacation. Failing that, any thoughts on Utila Lodge vs. Laguna Beach vs. Deep Blue Resort would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Tizzy:
New to this board, finding the information posted very helpful.
I have read on another website that there is a new resort/hotel on Utila called Seafree Resort. I am trying to get information/web address but unable to find anything. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to firm up plans for my Feb./05 vacation. Failing that, any thoughts on Utila Lodge vs. Laguna Beach vs. Deep Blue Resort would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.

try:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q="sea+free"+utila

http://www.letsgohonduras.com/hoteles/utilahoteles.html

425-3190 is their local telephone number. There is a grid sheet at www.letsgohonduras.com that lays out the comparisons.

Maybe someone here has stayed at, or extensively observed all three- that would give you the best and only true comparison.

Hi tizzy

The "Seafree Resort" closed down some time ago and has changed hands but not reopened as far as I know, it was not a proper resort like the other 3 you have asked about just a hotel. Take a look at "Utila - Deep Blue Resort Trip Report" in this forum and at the message board under "Customer Comments" on the Deep Blue website at www.deepblueutila.com this will give you a good feel for what people feel about the Deep Blue Resort, me included.

good hunting :crafty:

Thanks for the information about the Seafree, I guess my hunt will continue. I have lots of questions about Utila swimming around in my little brain but I will research this board more before I ask.

tizzy

Tizzy,

If you have specific questions you can email me.

I went to Utila three weeks ago, I was going to stay at
Laguna Beach Resport . If you read the Undercurrent reviews, you will see that LBR is highly rated for many different reasons. I talked to somebody at the airport on our return trip who stayed at LBR duing the same week we were at the Deep Blue Resort. They had nothing but positive things to say about LBR.

If I went back, I would stay at Deep Blue Resort for three reasons. 1) You can shore dive off the front of their property. This dive is pretty darn good with three different sites that are accessible. 2) The location of Deep Blue is better when you are not diving. You are right on the ocean as opposed to the Lagoon. My wife said this reason is the primary reason she would return to Deep Blue over LBR. 3) The food and the service are outstanding at Deep Blue. I cant really verify this but based on the Undercurrent reviews and the Undercurrent Article on LBR, I think the food at LBR might be more basic than Deep Blue. This is just a hunch.

As far as LBR goes, they have better and faster dive boats than Deep Blue. I think the Logistics of getting to the dive boat is better at LBR than Deep Blue because the front of Deep Blue is on the ocean but the boat dock is about 100 yards behind the resort on the Lagoon. I can live with these differences to get access to those shore dives, you may not want to.

ddawson:
Tizzy,

If you have specific questions you can email me.

I went to Utila three weeks ago, I was going to stay at
Laguna Beach Resport . If you read the Undercurrent reviews, you will see that LBR is highly rated for many different reasons. I talked to somebody at the airport on our return trip who stayed at LBR duing the same week we were at the Deep Blue Resort. They had nothing but positive things to say about LBR.

If I went back, I would stay at Deep Blue Resort for three reasons. 1) You can shore dive off the front of their property. This dive is pretty darn good with three different sites that are accessible. 2) The location of Deep Blue is better when you are not diving. You are right on the ocean as opposed to the Lagoon. My wife said this reason is the primary reason she would return to Deep Blue over LBR. 3) The food and the service are outstanding at Deep Blue. I cant really verify this but based on the Undercurrent reviews and the Undercurrent Article on LBR, I think the food at LBR might be more basic than Deep Blue. This is just a hunch.

As far as LBR goes, they have better and faster dive boats than Deep Blue. I think the Logistics of getting to the dive boat is better at LBR than Deep Blue because the front of Deep Blue is on the ocean but the boat dock is about 100 yards behind the resort on the Lagoon. I can live with these differences to get access to those shore dives, you may not want to.

You can shore dive from the ocean-side pier at Laguna Beach. (They make you carry a dive flag on a float since their house wall ends right by the channel leading into the lagoon). They will also let you do a drop-off dive following the AM or PM boat dives, where they drop you with a new tank on the wall and you make your way back to the resort and do a shore exit from the pier. Our cabin was right by the pier, and they even sent a DM in a golf cart to take our gear back to the shop so that we could go straight to the room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom