Website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay

Contributor
Reaction score
I've made more changes to the website... I've also purchased the domain name, "DeepSouthDivers.org," to represent us. I will be parking that domain name on my server here over the next few days.

Thus, to access our club's website, simply go to http://www.DeepSouthDivers.org .

Now, this site started as one for our local area only, and thus I only have (tons of) local information on it. I would certainly be interested in everyone's input... Please contact me if you have information regarding your particular area so that I can begin to create a section dedicated to each area of the country.

Over the next few days I'll be giving the site a facelift to distinguish it from the old site - although my plan is to retain it's functionality, and fundamentally it should be the same site. Most of all, I'll be keeping the multimedia files which are so popular.

Don't expect this whole thing to happen overnight, y'all, but it's gonna be pretty sweet.

HEY SEAJAY THE SITES GREAT, THANKS FOR PROVIDING A NICE WEBSITE FOR THE AREAS DIVERS AND OTHERS OF INTEREST FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMMUNE!

SEEMS THAT THE SCUBA BOARD AND DEEP SOUTH DIVERS WEBSITE GO HAND IN HAND....WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!

ITLL DEFINATELY BETTER THE LOCAL COMMUNITY AND ABROAD, FOR KIND OF A MEETING POST OR HOME FOR THE AREAS DIVERS AND NEWLY INTERESTED FOLKS LOOKING TO START AN UNDERWATER ADVENTURE

IF THESE TWO SITE TOGETHER DONT DRAW OUR COMMUNITY TOGATHER AS FAR AS DIVE CONNECTIONS..... NOTHING WILL....

"A TURN KEY WAY TO GET WET"
DEEP SOUTH DIVERS

WANDER IF WERE THE FIRST FORUME GROUP TO HAVE A COOLWEBSITE

"AND THEY SOUTHERN FOLKS ARE SLOW"

THANKS AGAIN SEAJAY, FANTASTIC JOB AND EFFORT

:thumb:

Nice work SeaJay on the website. We all appreciate your's and RavenC's hard work so far. It looks like this dive club is going to get somewhere. :) We'll have to arrange a group trip sometime in the near future. I've never done any SC diving myself, only Keys and Caribbean so I'm anxious to start. :) Thanks!

For the compliments. I think that the site will serve our community well.

Originally, I started this website to support a club that RAvenC and I built around the University of South Carolina. When the University Scuba Club got hopelessly tied up in red tape (don't even ask me how bad it was - we lost lots of money and time... What a pain) we decided to break away from the University and have a non-affiliated scuba club called, "Lowcountry Scuba."

That worked better, at least because we didn't have policymakers "making policies." At least we weren't out hundreds (in my case, thousands) of dollars, with nothing to show for it. We had 60 members, too, although only a handful were active at all. After a year of that, we've been looking to expand our horizons and get more involvement from the club members. I tried creating a mailing list, but after a month, not much information seemed to be being exchanged.

When RavenC decided to get a "Deep South" NDI club, well... It only makes sense to combine the effort so that we can all have one great place to meet and enjoy diving together. So yeah, combining all of the stuff here I think will serve the southern diving community well.

...So I present you with the site. I'll be customizing it over the next few days to work with the Scubaboard sections better, and to give it a new identity. Combined with the members, a few successful get-togethers, and of course, Scubaboard, this club could really end up doing well.

...Which is great. That's the point of the club. :D

If anyone has pictures they'd like up on the club's website, please let me know. Also, anyone who wants to be included on the "Members" page, please send me your information and a flattering picture of yourself and I'll get it up there. To see what I'm talking about, go to http://www.DeepSouthDivers.org and click on "Talk" and then "Contact Us." We'd like to put your picture/information in there if you're okay with that.

Also, dive pictures are very welcome as well... Send me your best work and I'll get them up in the pictures section of the site.

Lastly, like I said, if you'd like information about your favorite local dive sites to appear on the club website, I'd love to put it up there. Send it to me. :)

I think this will work out well, y'all...

If anyone has pictures they'd like up on the club's website, please let me know. Also, anyone who wants to be included on the "Members" page, please send me your information and a flattering picture of yourself and I'll get it up there. To see what I'm talking about, go to http://www.DeepSouthDivers.org and click on "Talk" and then "Contact Us." We'd like to put your picture/information in there if you're okay with that.

I tried the link. Page unavailable error. I'll try again later

The domain name may still need to propagate.

That's geek talk... The bottom line is that everyone's internet service provider globally needs to figure out that www.DeepSouthDivers.org needs to point to my server. It takes 48-72 hours for "the world" to figure it out.

Soooo... Keep trying. By Sunday, it should work for everyone worldwide.

In the meantime, you can access the site by going to http://www.LCscuba.com . THAT name is already propagated.

Not yet here. We are on MS Explorer, Comcast Internet.

Back
Top Bottom