Wedding of Diveblonde and Crazyduck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, ladies and gents just thought I would drop a line and fill everyone in.

Heather, Austin and me went with close family to Mustang Island/ Port Author and were married on the beach in front of Port Royal Resort, July 9th 2006. Two days before the entire island was severely flooded with heavy rains. When we arrived people were still cleaning up and we had a little rain on and off.

After getting settled we went to work getting ready for the wedding. Friday night we had the rehearsal followed by the (guess what) rehearsal dinner. We cooked out and made everyone steaks, chicken, and lots of food “Texas style.” We cleaned up when it went dark and the Texas native bird came out - the mosquito. They were everywhere after all the rain on the island.

Next evening after preparing the beach, racking the sand, putting up chairs, putting in potted plants, glass votives, removing the seaweed and small children we were ready. It was a lovely evening, and as the wind blew over the beach and at sunset we were married by a family friend who is a minister. We walked down our short isle and the lovely ceremony was over. Congratulations came from all around including people on the beach, the small informal on watches, and people driving by.

Then came the photographs- holly cow. After taking pictures with my family, her family, both families, bride’s maids, the guys, my parents, her parents and everyone else we finally finished up at dusk. Last photo’s was us standing in the water, at dusk having our picture taken- pretty romantic. All we left was the phrase ‘H loves A’ in the sand by the sea.

Well, as we strolled back up the boardwalk I gave Heather her wedding present- princess cut diamond earrings to match her wedding ring. Once we were back at the room everyone was waiting with food, drinks, and many toasts to our new adventure together above and below the water. It was a magical evening.

Later, that evening we cleaned up, boxed up and where ready to go in the morning. We needed to drive back to Keller Sunday, so we could do laundry and get ready to leave Monday at 5:30 am for Cozumel Mexico. Gee- can we dive there :D. Oh Yeah baby. But that is another trip report.

Photos can be found here- http://www.heatherjoann.com/wedding.htm
Our photographer was-
Carrie Robertson, Third Coast Photo & Web website: http://thirdcoastphoto.com
If anyone is interested in wedding like this please contact me and I will forward your PM to Heather. She has all the details.

Later, Andrew, Heather and Austin
H :inlove: A…

Sand%20Writing%202.jpg

oh, yay! Congrats! I just love weddings! :D

Congrats

Congratulations, Andrew! What a great description of a lovely wedding... I appreciate you telling us about it. I hope you have many happy years together!!

Congrats. Andrew!!! You da Man!!!

Looks like a great wedding. That will be something to remember forever.

As the old Cherokee used to say in my old neck of the woods...Best of Luck and Happily Ever After to both of you!!!

I still wonder how Andrew got such a good looking woman?

Never mind...I won't go there. :D

:wink:

Wishing you many happy years together!

Beautiful pictures, beautiful family.

Congrats Andrew!!

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom