Wedding ring found diving in Guam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iruka

Contributor
Reaction score
Guam, right by the beach so the typhoons can find
# of dives
I found a men's wedding ring, gold, at Gab Gab beach today. Looks like it's been there a few years due to coral encrustation. Possibly belongs to a military guy, based on its location. Tell me what's written on it, and it's yours!

Go to Marbo Cave. When you get in off the concrete slab you will see a triangle shaped hole to the left. That takes you through to the pool on the other side of the big rock. You will find lots of old coins and rings. Just be sure to ask permission from the Tao Tao Mona before you take them.

Did you ask before you picked up the ring?????

Ummm, I'm not quite sure if you're joking or not. The ring has an inscription in it from 12/26/2000. I don't think this is anywhere near Marbo Cave..........anyhow, just trying to return someone's wedding ring to them.

Gab Gab has been used by so many thousands of folks for so long.

I was joking about the Tao Tao Mona but the place that I told you about has been used as a wishing well for many years and there is loads of old coins and jewelry there. It is down the hill directly across from the Andersen South Housing Area.

I think I was joking about the Tao Tao Mona. Folks there are pretty serious about it.

Yeah, I guess you're right about the Tao Tao Mona (basically ghost of Chamorro/Guamanian ancestors for people not familiar with Guam.) So I think that would apply to historical artifacts. I probably wasn't clear in my original post...by "a few years" I meant 2 or 3 years.

I'm guessing you were stationed here at some time? I've heard the Air Force doesn't allow beach diving anymore up off Anderson....think someone drowned there a few years back and they don't want it to happen again. Sometime I want to get a hold of a private boat & hit some of the sites around the north side & east side of the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom