week one dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sorry to say that the tech effort fell apart in week two. People did not show up for the boat, different dive op was reluctant to do anything deeper than 130, even though we had booked in advance for tech level. Grayson at pompano dive center has all that footage. A short clip is on their face book page. If you contact him through facebook I am sure he will let that footage loose. I refuse to facebook, I am just a dinosaur lol.
Eric

Sorry to hear that, nothing worse than having your plans changed by some people with no moral values.
Did you get to at least do some diving? Anything is better than what I've been doing.
I do have a weekend in March down in Morehead City.

Yes I dove everyday. A steady diet of the usual suspects with nothing really noteworthy. rsb1,rodeo25,capt. dan, ancient mariner, and the aqua zoo. I was able to watch a new intro/adv diver get drilled by 2 instructors. That was mildly amusing and brought the memories back. The diver was only 19 and did well.
Eric

Hi RAD,
I ran 25/20 and got a 8 minute benefit over 21/20. Since I cook my own gas I usually dive what I consider the "perfect mix" for any given dive. I also do what I consider working dives if spearing and like to keep po2 at 1.4 or less. I got here with old mix and that is what the shop filled me back to as tanks were labeled as 25/20. It all worked out. Yesterday I did another dive on the hydro, but the giant grouper had moved on. Current was minimal vis was down to 50'. Today the weather pushed the seas up early, and another tornado watch so nogo. High hopes for tommorow.
Eric

Current philosophies regarding Trimix is 1.2pp for the working part of the dive. I know some people that have taken hits when exceeding this 1.2pp. I personally will not exceed that pp. Did your instructor teach 1.4pp?

Hi Wayne, I must have missed this 2 months ago, and you are a year late to the trip report. As you know I have a lot of bad habits left over from the days of j valves and 1.6 is good to go days! lol

However I am dialing it back as I get older. Instructor laid out the law and finished with " we all make our own choices, especially if you cook your own gas."
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom