Weeki Wachee dive question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hambleto

Club Web Master
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Day!
I hope you can help me out here. I am trying to find out some suggestions for diving at Weeki Wachee Springs. Most of the places I contact only offer dives on the weekends. Does anyone know of a shop/guide that can do dives during the week in December? Am I correct in the assumption that you can only get into Weeki Wachee to dive with a guide even if you have a buddy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ben

Get in good with the Queem Mermaid. :eyebrow:
IMG_1549.JPG

Weeki Wachee doesn't let divers in unless they are with an instructor that has Weeki Wachee listed as an additional insured.

I have them listed on my insurance, but I'm lucky to get away on weekend during December. December is a bad month for me.

Ask/PM netdoc. He works with them allot.

why would you even want to dive their it sucks and it like 35.00 but most shop charge you like 60.oo a day like the theives i trained with it is a nice place to dive but not worth even 30.00 me 2 cents

deepdiver4:
why would you even want to dive their it sucks and it like 35.00 but most shop charge you like 60.oo a day like the theives i trained with it is a nice place to dive but not worth even 30.00 me 2 cents

Wow! What a well written, well thought out message. Very informative too:wink:

Contact Scuba West, 727-863-6911. They can probably help you.

hambleto:
Good Day!
I hope you can help me out here. I am trying to find out some suggestions for diving at Weeki Wachee Springs. Most of the places I contact only offer dives on the weekends. Does anyone know of a shop/guide that can do dives during the week in December? Am I correct in the assumption that you can only get into Weeki Wachee to dive with a guide even if you have a buddy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ben

I live in Crystal River just up the Road from Weeki Wachee Springs, I went by there a few weeks ago and picked up a list from the park for dive shops that bring people there.

Here are a few of the shop names and numbers.

Birds Underwater Dive center 352-563-2763 Crystal River
American Pro Dive Center 352-563-0041 Crystal River

I can post the whole list if you like these are two dive shops that I Know the operators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom