Weezle Extreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have done a little research and am having trouble finding a good place to get a Weezle Extreme. Obviously I am looking for the best price I can.

I have a fusion Dry suit size L/XL and typically take a size XL in shirts. I was looking at their sizing charts and it seems the L would be a better fit, does anyone have experience with the Weezle actual sizing compared to advertised?

Thanks

I have a Weezle Extreme and aboluately love it. It does a good job for me from at least 35 F to 65 F. I measured my dimensions very carefully and orderd a matching size. But it was a bit too big. Also becuase of the way it is made and the material it uses, the size matching doesn't have to be exact sceience IMO (unlike other fleece/thinsulate type materials). Hope this helps.

I have a Weezle Extreme and aboluately love it. It does a good job for me from at least 35 F to 65 F. I measured my dimensions very carefully and orderd a matching size. But it was a bit too big. Also becuase of the way it is made and the material it uses, the size matching doesn't have to be exact sceience IMO (unlike other fleece/thinsulate type materials). Hope this helps.
Yes, that does help a lot. Thanks

Regarding sizing, I like the fit of my Weezle Extreme Plus in size Large, although their chart would indicate I should take a medium.

http://www.weezle.co.uk/products/undersuits/us_size_chart_lge.doc

Size large is clearly slightly big on me, but the extra material appears to be needed to allow me to bend and reach fully (almost to the limit of the non-stretch nylon shell).

Under my DUI CLx450, the extra material is no problem. With your close-fitting Fusion, the clumping or folding might not appeal to you.

I can't help with finding a low price as I got mine second-hand, but unused, for $100, complete with Weezle socks.... sorry, just had to throw that in.... :D

Dave C

Last edited:
I can't help with finding a low price as I got mine second-hand, but unused, for $100, complete with Weezle socks.... sorry, just had to throw that in.... :D

Dave C
Dave, thats just plain wrong......:rofl3:

Thanks for the sizing info. Did you find the plus to be too warm? I had talked to a couple fo shops that said they were really warm and they do a lot of ice diving.

Dave, thats just plain wrong......:rofl3:

Thanks for the sizing info. Did you find the plus to be too warm? I had talked to a couple fo shops that said they were really warm and they do a lot of ice diving.

I'd say the Weezle Extreme Plus will be too warm above 45F degrees for most people and most hour-long, moderate activity sight-seeing dives. I'd rate it as excellent for 30 to 45 degrees.

Personally, I prefer to be very warm because I'm generally doing longer dives with very low activity. I'll sometimes wear it up to 50 degrees, but I usually save my Weezle Extreme Plus for sub-45 degree water.

For temps of 45 and higher I switch to layers of Polartec to allow better matching to temp and activity level.

I can tell you one thing, even down to water temps of the low 30's, the Weezle Extreme Plus is comfortably warm even on long, low activity dives, provided it's combined with an additional wicking layer, fleece chest pad and dry gloves, etc.

I just don't know if you'll get the same results when your Fusion squeezes some of the loft out of the insulation. In my CLx450, I put extra air inside the suit and maintain quite a bit of loft.

HTH.

Dave C

Last edited:
I'd say the Weezle Extreme Plus will be too warm above 45 degrees for most people and most hour-long, moderate activity sight-seeing dives. I'd rate it as excellent for 30 to 45 degrees.

Personally, I prefer to be very warm because I'm generally doing longer dives with very low activity, so I will sometimes wear it up to 50 degrees, but I usually save my Weezle Extreme Plus for sub-45 degree water.

For temps of 45 and higher I switch to layers of Polartec to allow better matching to temp and activity level.

I can tell you one thing, even down to water temps of the low 30's, the Weezle Extreme Plus is comfortably warm even on long, low activity dives, provided it's combined with an additional wicking layer, fleece chest pad and dry gloves, etc.

I just don't know if you'll get the same results when your Fusion squeezes some of the loft out of it. In my CLx450, I use extra air and maintain quite a bit of loft.

HTH.

Dave C
Great detailed info. That helps a lot in my decision. With Fusion I just have to add a little more lead if I am going to be using a bit more air. I do not see myself diving in temps lower than 40 but you never know.

You can email weezle and they will give a recommendation for a size. Hil is very helpful. I would fit a small long but she recommended a medium long and it works great. There are no stretch panels so you want it bigger in the body so you can reach valves if did be. I dive the plus in water from 45 to 55 and find it perfect. I get cold very easy and even with this weezle I still get chilled an the end of a hour dive, where as before I would be shacking so bad I could hardly see my computer.
Ron L.

You can email weezle and they will give a recommendation for a size. Hil is very helpful. I would fit a small long but she recommended a medium long and it works great. There are no stretch panels so you want it bigger in the body so you can reach valves if did be. I dive the plus in water from 45 to 55 and find it perfect. I get cold very easy and even with this weezle I still get chilled an the end of a hour dive, where as before I would be shacking so bad I could hardly see my computer.
Ron L.
Ron, I will e-mail them. I have no shops close that sell them and sending things back is a pain. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom