Weezle undersuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a convert from Santi BZ400X to Weezle extreme+. Weezle is great. I wear a 200g merino wicking layer and Santi heated vest under it. I haven't had any exhaust issues and haven't done any modifications. I have seen people using everything from duct tape to wine bottle protector net over the area under exhaust valve.
For cold water undersuit opinions are quite divided between Santi and Weezle.

The sucking into the exhaust valve "flaw" is an urban myth. That started many years ago and it just doesn't happen. They do take a whole lot of air to fully loft them and of course if you have a lot of air in your suit you are (duh) going to be warmer - and require more lead to sink. But as you might expect that larger volume of gas is also going to take longer to vent.

They last a whole lot longer than thinsulate based undergarments (I still use my older extreme+ which is 11 yrs old). And they hold up far better to washing since they don't depend on stiff breakable fibers for their loft. In BC water's the extreme+ is about was warm as you can find, possible too warm for summer conditions, especially if you have to walk any distance to the water.

I once had to borrow and dive a Weezle which had over 1000 dives on it. Still warm. Not as warm as new, but warm enough for almost 90 minutes in 3-4C water.

My Extreme + is a litle bulky and may require a little more weight than other undersuits, even though I normally run my membrane drysuits with the exhaust fully open, but then I don't need a battery and heated undersuit like some of the people I have dived with to stay comfortable in very cold water.

weight = loft = warmth
What comes to minimum weight one can use when diving a Weezle vs thinsulate, weezle compresses more and thus "requires" less weight (for a diver to stay underwater with a carefully emptied drysuit).
But naturally you need some "extra" weight to stay warm also when light during deco after using most of your gas.

Compact is what I have. Mid 50's and above it is great. Low 50's leaves me wishing for a little more. I like it enough that when I get a chance I will pick up an Extreme+ for the colder water.

Plus one, Weezle extreme +. Undergarment has been very comfortable in the Great Lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom