Weight Belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orion612004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I would like to make a my own weight belt, solid weights. Where do I get the shot? Whats a good price for the shot? How do a melt the shot? Where do I get the mold for the shot?

From other threads, people recommend rotometals.com for a source. A quick search on their site for reclaimed shot revealed this URL:
Welcome to RotoMetals, Inc - Non Ferrous Metals and Custom Alloys Call Toll Free 1-800-779-1102

To melt the shot, get a pot from Goodwill or some other similar store. Label this pot as a lead pot and never cook out of it. You should melt it outside, with a good breeze blowing, and always stand upwind. Lead melts at a low temperature so a grill/propane burner should be able to melt it just fine.

Molds can be found at a few LDS stores. Online is a better bet. There are DIY molds and a google search can reveal them to you.

Back
Top Bottom