Weight Distribution on Stiletto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased a Stiletto. I am playing with the weights and their position on the BC. Is there any recommendations for how weight should be distributed for this BC? I have heard different suggestions for 80% in the side pockets and 20% in the trim pockets. Is there a rule of thumb recommended by Zeagle?

The trim pockets are too low IMO. Trim weight would be better installed on the upper cam strap leaving you two nice pockets for things like a DSMB, folding snorkel, jon line etc.

As to how to distribute the weight?...that is up to you and where you need it. Gotta dive it.

Old rule of thumb is 1/3 for trim.

With mine I did 50/50.

I agree that the trim pockets are a bit low. I also distribute about 50/50 between the front and rear pockets on my Stilletto. The rear pockets are easily dump-able, though. Other than the pocket position, which can be worked around by adding your own pockets to the upper cam band, the bc has been perfect for me.

I agree that the trim pockets are a bit low. I also distribute about 50/50 between the front and rear pockets on my Stilletto. The rear pockets are easily dump-able, though. Other than the pocket position, which can be worked around by adding your own pockets to the upper cam band, the bc has been perfect for me.

The XS-Scuba pockets with the velcro work quite nicely for this as the cam strap can be secured to them.

XS Scuba Pocket Weight Belts (5th down on the page)

Incidently, Compudude was DIY-ing this before they were available commercially. Hope he got his piece. :)

Myself and other divers have moved the Zeagle Trim weight pouches to the upper cam band.

Zeagles official line is that they were not designed for use on the upper cam strap but they seem to work there and do move the wight higher on your back.

I always suggest that a diver should start with about 1/3 of their weight in the back, and then go from there...

Thanks,

Scott

I've actually found that I like to more weight in the trim pockets than in the side pockets. For example, if I'm diving with lots of wetsuit and 18# of weight, I put 5# in each trim pocket in 4# in each side pocket.

Because the trim pockets are releasable, I just make sure my dive buddy knows that I've got a bunch of weight up there and that it can be ditched.

I've actually found that I like to more weight in the trim pockets than in the side pockets. For example, if I'm diving with lots of wetsuit and 18# of weight, I put 5# in each trim pocket in 4# in each side pocket.

Because the trim pockets are releasable, I just make sure my dive buddy knows that I've got a bunch of weight up there and that it can be ditched.

I had heard that you can put more in the trim pockets than the sides, that's why I was asking the question, wanted more input. Guess I will go to the pool and do some more experimenting to see which works out best. I might die though, it's not a BP/W:rofl3::rofl3:

The ripcord weight pockets are designed to hold 12 lbs per side.

The rear weight pockets are designed to hold 10 lbs per side....

Back
Top Bottom