Weight in Salt water vs Fresh water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only point where that formula breaks down is that i weight about 250#, plus gear on top of that, but there is no way i have a 7# swing between fresh and salt water, it seems to be somewhere nearer 4-5# in the same exposure suit! As always its suggested to know your fresh water correct weighting and then add 4-6# for salt, then play with it and correctly work it out when you are in the salt water as well. Just start by adding about 6# from the freshwater in the same suit you intend to use in the saltwater and see if you are too heavy at the end of the dive. Reduce the weighting if you are too heavy at the end of that saltwater dive.

weight is a tricky thing
diveing of east coast of flordia with 7mil suit and boots 24lbs was perfect for my 164lbs body , yet in the flordia springs blue grotto and devils den 16lbs worked best

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom