Remove Salt from Yoke Screw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim1966

Registered
Reaction score
Hi fellow divers

Does anyone have a proper way to stop salt forming on the yoke screws? Currently what I have been doing is to soak the yoke assembly in warm vinegar and water 50/50 to remove them. But it just last a few days and same thing happens again after dive. I am using fresh water to rinse the yoke screw after leased out, but obviously it does not help much.

Is there a way to prevent or let them last longer before another vinegar soak?

You might try pulling the yoke screw all the way out after your rinse, rinse the screw again seperately and don't reassemble until it's dry.

I am using fresh water to rinse the yoke screw after leased out, but obviously it does not help much.
You can also add to your mask case a cut-in-half old toothbrush. Using your fresh water and the brush immediately after a dive & before gear packing should solve your problem. It ain't don't cost nuthin neither.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom