weight intergrated system bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gold42

Registered
Reaction score
do I have to use the weights in the pockets or can I use a weight belt and not put the weights in the weight pockets would it make any difference

gold42:
do I have to use the weights in the pockets or can I use a weight belt and not put the weights in the weight pockets would it make any difference

You do not have to use the weight integration. If you prefer a weight belt, by all means use a belt.

Gold 42,

You can use just a weight belt, but IMO you'd be missing out. Once I used soft weights in a weight intergrated BCD, I never went back to a belt.

J75:
Gold 42,

You can use just a weight belt, but IMO you'd be missing out. Once I used soft weights in a weight intergrated BCD, I never went back to a belt.

One option is to use a small weight belt and some shot weight in the BC. That way, if you have to ditch the belt, you won't shoot to the surface as quickly and you won't lose all of your weights.

Back
Top Bottom