Weight Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeus8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased the diverite weight pockets (16 & 36lbs) to go with my transpac.

My question is, what type of weights do you use to fill the pockets? Thanks for the feedback.

Jason

I use soft, but you can use any type.

The soft weights don't hurt as much when you drop them on your foot. Go with thoes. Also get a couple of 1 or 2 lb weights extra because you will always be changing your trim a little bit. A dive light can add 2 lbs and a camera housing can add 2 to 4 lbs of buoyancy.

Also mount your weight a low as possible. Men are naturally top heavy so moving your dive weight closer to your hips will prevent you from crusing in the feet up position.

Anything works - hardweights take up less space than soft weights.

Sounds like soft pellets are the way to go. Where is a good place to purchase these and what types of bags are you keeping the pellets in?

Thanks

Hi, this is Bruce from SEASOFT SCUBA and here is my advice and yes, we sell soft weights. Soft weights protect you, anyone around you and your gear. I have seen hard weights damage gear that fell over or was inadvertently dropped. Also, hard weights that hit feet, fingers etc can be painful or more for you and those around you.

I think hard weights are hard on gear and you. Just my opinion.

Bruce

Sounds like soft pellets are the way to go. Where is a good place to purchase these and what types of bags are you keeping the pellets in?

Thanks

Your LDS should stock various soft weights already prepackaged in 1-pounders, 2-pounders, 3-pounders, 4-pounders and 5-pounders.

Back
Top Bottom