Weighting - This Actually Works For Me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was off by a rather large percentage with me on both 3mm and 5mm fresh and salt with an aluminum 80. I do 12 pounds with my 5mm in fresh water and the calculator says 16lbs. I use 16lbs with that same setup in salt and the calculator says 23lbs.. I marked myself as a "proficient" diver.. I have yet to try my new Fusion Bullet drysuit but it scared the crap out of me when it said 26lb for fresh water and light weight under garments and shell drysuit..

thanks......will mark that link......

It's way too high for me across the board...as I expected.

The best way to determine how much weight you need is to do a proper weight check and dive with what you actually need based on that check, not what some website tells you -- obviously, right?

It has me 9 lb over weighted for a skin, 3 mm and 5mm.
skin=13 I use 4

3mm=17 I use 8

5mm=21 I use 12

Wow. Its way off for some of you guys. I lot depends whether a body is muscle or adipose when weighting. As I'm 5'9" 145 lbs it would be obvious I'm pretty lean and not as many variables if I was 250 lbs for example.

It was off quite a bit for me. During the cold season it calculated 22 pounds; I use 10 pounds. In the warm season I use 4 pounds and the website calculated 16 pounds.

I agree with James R above, do a proper weight check.

The website calculator is fun to play with, but not really an accurate tool.

Wow. Off by by a lot. In the tropics I use 10 lbs in a 3mm full. (And that's prob 2lbs too much). Calculator wants me to use 17.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom