Well, I guess no one has dived Cress st. What about Little Corona (Robert Badham)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Curious how this site compares to Laguna sites...lots of fish? Kelp? Anything unique to this site?

what do you mean by "no one has dove cress st?" I love that site, it a big swim, but well worth it. Let me know if you want more info about where to go.

Little corona is a big walk, but equally worth it on a good day. I go south (to stay away from boats) and work my way over the shallow reef along the sand line. Its a fairly shallow dive >40ft, but I am always glad I do it. During season, I have gotten bag limit of lobster there at night, lots of craggs and nooks to look into.

what do you mean by "no one has dove cress st?" I love that site, it a big swim, but well worth it. Let me know if you want more info about where to go.

I posted a thread yesterday asking for info on Cress St. that no one responded to so I figured no one here had dived it. Any info you have about this site would be appreciated!

Hi diver doug, there is something real interesting about cress street. in high surf, the shallow sharply angled reef formations create a radical 2 directional surge. If you drop in early while being shallow the vis usually is super low, the surge is so strong that it whips you and the garibaldis like 10 ft lengths in 2 directions. It is a treat. Make sure everybody is holding onto whatever gear they want to keep. Its really hard to look in the surf zone. And sometimes you get another bonus of strong long shore currents to add to the excitement. In high surf days, don't hang around in the surf zone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom