"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You So-cal divers think you're so tough. Yes, you Redondo-living-next-to-Captain-Kidd Socal divers. How about us AZ-Socal divers? We packed our stuffs on Thursday night, go to work on Friday, drive for 6 hours after work to make it in time for midnight boarding, sleep in the bottom of the roomy bunk on the boat while hoping nobody kick you in the head, wake up at 6 am and plunge in to 110+' just to see stupid purple hydrocoral for 5 minutes, and drive 6 more hours to go back home to make it in time for work on Monday. If you don't think you can do that once a month (and more during summer time), we'll just laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

PS: Hi Ken, nice to meet you. I'm Jenazah's brother.

Hey Barbie diver... If you're going to burn my retinas with your pink tank, hose protectors and wetsuit, at least bring the skills. I know who to avoid if I see your boyfriend carrying your gear to the boat or down to the beach. You want to be girly, fine, but be able to put on your own gear and carry it yourself or I will laugh at you and you will look like a dork (as the guys just look at you without thinking much about SCUBA...)

LAJim:
Does this mean that if something goes wrong on his next dive he gets to "toe the dive"?

Under the water no one can hear you scream - unless you're a dork!

I can hear his Mom now " Junior-- get your your toe out of your nose!!!":rofl3:

perkedel:
wake up at 6 am and plunge in to 110+' just to see stupid purple hydrocoral for 5 minutes,

If you check the tables you'll see you can see the coral for a little longer than 5 minutes.

Nay's post made me realize that we should just let the SoCal women shame these dorks, just because it will hurt extra hard.

Nay:
Hey Barbie diver... If you're going to burn my retinas with your pink tank, hose protectors and wetsuit, at least bring the skills. I know who to avoid if I see your boyfriend carrying your gear to the boat or down to the beach. You want to be girly, fine, but be able to put on your own gear and carry it yourself or I will laugh at you and you will look like a dork (as the guys just look at you without thinking much about SCUBA...)

Barbie's playhouse Scuba kit... I can see it now.

Girlie is good. Helpless is not.

Very nice, Nay.

---
Ken

Dear Mr. Puke Breath. Sleeping on a dive boat doesn’t make you a pirate. For the love of god brush your teeth in the morning. If the lack of people around you isn’t a big enough clue that you need to down some scope maybe the dying fruit in your wake will give you a hint. If scope doesn’t work to get rid of the puke breath: http://www.1800dentist.com

cuz if you don't brush your teeth after that dive boat "diver McMuffin breakfast burrito supreme" your second stage may lock up on you in rebelion, and we'll all laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

Nay:
Good one Nay!

If you drank enough DIR Kool-aide to buy that sawed-off Ginzu knife.

Redondoscubadude:
If you drank enough DIR Kool-aide to buy that sawed-off Ginzu knife.
usually at way less than 200 actual open ocean dives. No cave dives, no real restricted dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom