Well this stinks!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should say "I hope you're right but..." and that should be "with" not "wit". Time for some nice nappies (sigh):wink:

I have a friend who was there...hate to be a nay sayer but he said the pub. official is not pro diver.This guy purportedly seems to consistantly vote with the lob. commercial interest and that while the divers presented a good case this decision maker 'seemed to not even be listening.' I am sorry I was not there but had to work both nights. Certainly 'no action' is better!

and you're right. Paul Diodoti (Head of Marine Fisheries)is pro-commercial but that's because by state mandate his ONLY job is to protect Commercial fishermen i.e. their livelihood. By law he cannot consider anything that might adversely affect the commercial guys. Knowing what I do now, I'm not exactly sure why the hearings even took place. We need to get some legislation that mandates him to consider ALL interests in the fishery and not just commercial. Hopefully the new reg's won't be too painful.

I just called Marine Fisheries and the answer is no action = no decision. They have not made a decision and they don't know when one will be made. They will post it on the website when they do. Keep your fingers crossed.

They IE the two women I talked to said about the same but weren't sure? But said the same thing (havn't decided yet)
They said the next time the board meets is in march!!
And they will put it up on the web site if something changes.
:rolleyes:
Rick L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom