Well, you said...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mitsuguy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
To introduce yourself if you are new to the captains area, and I am, so, hello!

I'm Cody, currently working for Cane Bay Dive Shop as a MSDT Instructor in St. Croix, USVI. Received my Master 50 ton near coastal license in the mail today, actually. We have three boats - two 20' inflatable 6 pack boats, and a 36' Newton dive boat... Love driving the boats, for sure, now I'll get a chance to captain them... I've spent a ton of time on the water (as evidenced by the license), and have driven many different vessels, up to a 96 ton, 94 foot power cat, powered by 4 Cat 3412's... That was fun to pilot, for sure...

I took the course through The Captain School | www.captainschool.com in St Thomas, but they also do classes all over, afaik. There is one coming up here on St. Croix in a few weeks as well.

I liked "license" much better than the new word, "credential".

Looked better, too.

But congrats on getting it.

I have made a conscious effort to take extra precautions while operating in St Croix ever since Cody got his credentials. :D

I have made a conscious effort to take extra precautions while operating in St Croix ever since Cody got his credentials. :D

ah, come on, thats the best ya got?

I figured there would be some remark about the little rubber boats :)

p.s. - didn't get a chance to fill the tank today, will definitely have / make some free time tomorrow to do it, seeing as how I close... I think...

haha, i figured i'd keep it personal and not insult the shop u work for by picking on the yellow short busses, i mean...boats :wink:

no worries on the cylinder, i'm still waiting on a couple of things before my rig is all set anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom