Wendy's new mottos...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok - not to totally gross anyone out......welll..... maybe

There is a Chinese restaurant here in my little town, and a friend of mine ordered lunch from there......

get ready - gross stuff coming...

So after eating much of her meal in it's styrofoam takeout container, she discovered a bandaid in the rice/ food mixture. The bandaid was quite used, and still had a chunk of somethingIdon'twanttothinkabout still stuck to the pad.

I'm still gagging over it...

so guess what happened when she called? They apologized, and comped her 3 free dinners.

Uhhhh..... "Hi, can I get my usual?"

Cat teeth were found in the food on a Chinese buffet in Huntsville, AL. The restaurant immediately closed down for failing a health inspection, but was re-opened under a different name about a month later. So, for all you Rock Divers in northern Alabama, stick to Red Lobster, don't go next door!!!

Rick Inman:
I guess you could call it Wendy's New Bulimia-Bowl. Saves you the trouble of sticking your own finger down your throat!

:rofl: I think I nearly died when I read that.

To quote Friar Tuck from the movie Robin Hood, Prince of Theives, "Excuse me sir, is this your finger?"

I tell ya, this is tough to finger out who had a hand in this issue. Its not like there are really any prints to lift. I wonder if someone got stuck with their hand in the cookie jar and went for a ride in the grinder and the bit of digit was all that was left. I hope they can nail down whomever did this and not provide some silly bandaid solution or answer to cover it up. It was for Theme Day - finger Friday, Palm Sunday....

New at Wendy's: Knuckle Sandwich -- "will that be for the dining room or to go?"
For desert: Lady Fingers!

Firebrand:
Cat teeth were found in the food on a Chinese buffet in Huntsville, AL. The restaurant immediately closed down for failing a health inspection, but was re-opened under a different name about a month later. So, for all you Rock Divers in northern Alabama, stick to Red Lobster, don't go next door!!!

Heh... that was Formosa Chinese Restaurant in Huntsville. WAFF (TV) pretty much put them out of business reporting that story with the "Restaurant Scorecard" health segment every week.

Formossa was sued by the lady who found the cat teeth in her food and they settled out of court for an "undisclosed amount". They re-opened under a different name, but it too went out of business because of the cat thing.

I guess no one wants "Cat Chow-mein"

Well, this sucks the fun right out of it.

Woman Won't Sue Wendy's for Alleged Finger

2 hours, 13 minutes ago Top Stories - AP

SAN JOSE, Calif. - A woman who claimed she scooped up a human finger along with her chili at a Wendy's restaurant has decided not to sue the fast-food chain.

Anna Ayala dropped her claim because it "has caused her great emotional distress and continues to be difficult emotionally," said her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff.

Ayala, 39, claimed she found the 1 1/2-inch long fingertip on March 22 while dining at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose. She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno-based JEM Management Corp., which her attorney had said was the first step before filing a lawsuit.

Phone calls to Ayala's house went unanswered Tuesday. Investigators searched her Las Vegas home last week as part of their investigation into how a finger ended up in the chili.

Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch declined to comment on Ayala's decision to drop the lawsuit but said a reward hot line to receive tips will remain open. Wendy's has offered $50,000 to the first person who can provide verifiable information that identifies the origin of the finger.

"It's very important to us to find out what really happened at the restaurant," Lynch said. "We will continue to fully cooperate with the police investigation."

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. None of the employees at the San Jose store had lost any fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner's office used a partial fingerprint to search for a match in an electronic database but came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted on the finger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom