Went to Mermet today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdarnall2001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The water's still cold, but is starting to warm up. We did two good dives - the last one was my 50th! Would like to have stayed down longer but had to warm back up. Great diving day! :)

Hey jdarnall---where is close to Paducah? I used to live near Murray and also in Cadiz.

Mid 50s at the surface, upper 40s at the nose of the plane. On the first dive we helped some of the staff scrub on the plane to clean it up a bit. Since we were working and moving around so much, we didn't really even noticed the temperature. But on the second dive, we just swam and we definitely noticed that time how cool it still was. Can't wait for it to warm up!

JBD - I live in Benton. (between Paducah and Murray, in Marshall County.)

What is the warmest you guys see in the pond??

jdarnall2001:
JBD - I live in Benton. (between Paducah and Murray, in Marshall County.)
Been to or through Benton many, many times. Have you done any diving in Ky Lake?

texdiveguy:
What is the warmest you guys see in the pond??
Most of the quarries around here make it to the upper 60's sometimes the low 70's at the surface. How cold they get at depth depends on how deep they are.

The warmest quarry I have been in is Cerulean Springs. I dove in a T-shirt and swimsuit. A 3 mil suit was suffocatingly hot at 30 feet!

Bag_One: Yep! That's it! :)

JBD: We haven't attempted the lake yet. We'd like to do the rock quarry sometime - but we'd need to get there early in the morning before it starts filling up with boats full of drinking people (you know how it is there). There's no telling what we'd find! .... glasses, anchors, bathing suit tops......

SteveC: Saturday it wasn't good, but there were I think 2 open water checkout classes and another specialty class in the water along with a LOT of people just diving. There weren't any open pavilions. And some of us were scrubbing on things too to clean up. It was pretty silty. It was only about 5 feet above the thermocline and around 15-20 below.

Back
Top Bottom