We're giving away 'Official Drysuit Diver' towels on DUI.Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyIGH

Dive professional
Reaction score
View a quick episode of DOGTV, post something that you learned from that, and you'll be entered to win one of 10 'Official Drysuit Diver' towels.

DOGTV Episodes are at DOG TV - Discover tips and tricks about your DUI drysuit or on our Youtube channel at YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.​duidrysuits

You can also post what you learned here on Scubaboard, in this thread, and I will add you to the giveaway. We are just doing this for the new few days. Your response must be posted by April 1, 2012.

Thanks!

drysuit_divers_towel.jpg

Giveaway details are at https://www.facebook.com/#!/DUI.Diver/app_180332035355214

I learned two things:

1. There is at least one typo in your video "YOUR WATERPROOF ZIPPER IS THE HEART AND SOUL OF YOUR DRYSUIT";
2. Every six months of 25 dives gently scrub your zipper with a soft toothbrush using mild soap and water. Lubricate you (sic) zipper after this.

Will you ship my towel to Canada? Thanks!

Having two DUI suits I've learned that I don't really need the towel. :) The only time i have a leak is if I get something messed up, like a seal not situated correctly, or some part of my garment too close to the edge of the seal.

Grantwiscour - that's super important!!! Our Service Department sees zippers that break about 3" from the top. So much easier to learn from the video. Thanks for posting that.

Kathy, I been diving around this one diver for many years, and his dui seems to leak at wrist seals, and the new suit after two years stated again. Now my suit never leaks. his rental is a neoprene with neoprene seals. he did not like the suit till I gave him ankle weights. Since the suit was in a long time, and he noticed his neck was warmer, and wrist also, he does photos the whole dive.

So he now needs neoprene seals cause he does not use drygloves. I do not know how to resolve that problem as the last two suits did the same thing.

This guy was down to your factory and got a guided tour, he was with the guy you lease your property with, told many things you have in there and in the works. I hope to see this resolved, although his dui suit has 250 1 hour + dives a year if not more.

I am thinking that if you need not drygloves and you use your dui have neoprene seals put on.

My suit is a 2001 Havey's T Wrex with over 1600 dives and never had it in for repair. My other one had a pin hole in it, it is a 99 self donning Harvey's.

This is the only experience I have and would hope there is good results by switching to neo seals.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

I will ad that years before this I had many drysuits and they all leaked after a few hundred dives and the latex seals always needs replaced.

Never had a DUI suit though.

VooDoo if I can toss this out, I don't want to speak for DUI, this is my experience. Seals are a fickle thing and not really the fault of the suit. Some folks have differently shaped/sized wrists and even necks, which are sometimes hard to seal. Some people swear by neoprene seals, I however don't care for them. Use what works.

Anyway, please don't blame a suit or attribute good things to a particular suit on the basis of what seals are used. They are a replaceable part with many options on shapes, materiel and sizes.

Turning it back over to those who are experts. :)

Two things:

(1). Don't "muscle" your way out of your drysuit. (Actually, I learned that the hard and expensive way.)

(2). There's another guy named Oren! Hi, Oren.

- Oren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best things about attached dry gloves is they are an easy way to see if the seals/tendons are giving you issues. It is sort of a trouble shooting issue. I wonder if he talked with someone at the factory about his issue. It's really impossible to say. If he could attend a Demo Tour with his drysuit that would be awesome. We also have that quick video up on prominent tendons. This can really be an issue for some divers. I have to be careful myself with the neck seal placement and really turning my head. We are always available to help. If he can make a Demo Tour Event that would be amazing. Also a perfect time to try an attached glove. Again as a trouble shooting option. The number to our factory in San Diego is 800-325-8439. We can put neoprene seals on a DUI drysuit. Some people love them but like most things they have pros and cons.

Back
Top Bottom