Were to go in cozumel and grand cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ax-man

Registered
Reaction score
I am n newby and am going on a Cruise. I would like to dive when at port. I will be in Cozumel from 7am-2pm. Who would you suggest I dive with?

I will also be in Grand Cayman from 9am-5pm, any suggestions?

it's all about the scheduling. If you have a large enough group, you can charter a boat and dictate the schedule. The cruise ship will also offer diving through an operator of their choosing that will conform to the ship's schedule.

In Grand Cayman, there are a couple of options for shore diving within a short walk of the cruise ship terminals. Just a stroll south of where the tenders drop you ashore is Eden Rock. A bit longer walk brings you to Sunset House or Seaview. All are easy dives, and onsite dive shops make renting tanks and equipment quite convenient. You can easily do 2 dives and still see all of downtown Georgetown.

Hi-

I haven't had the chance to dive Cozumel yet, but I love diving Grand Cayman! My 1st experience there was in Mar of 99 on a cruise ship - I have returned 3 times and will be back many more!

I agree whole heartedly with Drew of course he lives in Paradise so he knows. Eden Rock is right there about 2 or 3 blocks to the right when you get off the shuttle boats. The Devil's Grotto is there it is a wonderful dive and the diving is shallow and lots to see. Sunset House is where we have stayed and the Mermaid is about 200 ft out; they have great shore entry and a good dive shop. Tell Erica I said Hi :)

I fell in love with the Sting Rays at Sting Ray City a unique dive! Only 12ft of water but the interaction with the Rays are undescribeable! It requires a Dive Shop to get you there. Your from Kansas - a lot like a bunch of barn cats! :)

If I can answer any specific questions email me nauifins73@yahoo.com. Where in the City? I'm about 50 miles south - Linn Co.

Have a great time - know you will!

Becky

I dove with Dive Paradise out of Cozumel. Excellent service!!! The entire staff was very professional, and the atmosphere was fun. You can check them out online at http://www.diveparadise.com

We dove the Santa Rosa Wall Reef first, then the C-53 (I forget the long long name of it now) gunship that is close to the shore (80 feet down)
Had a blast!!

Next time I go to Coz..... Dive Paradise will be the dive center for me again!!

=-)

I don't have a lot of experience, but I did stay at the hotel Plaza las Glorias in Cozumel. The hotel is very close to downtown and the cruise ships. The dive shop (Aqua Safari) has fast boats with few divers each that go out early. You might ask to do the Columbia reef and for your second dive, check out the ship that was sunk nearby. For me, a relatively inexperienced diver, those were really fun dives. Oh yeah, the Paradise reef was a shallow dive (around 45 ft.) but the experienced divers with me remarked that the fish there were comparatively much larger than they had seen before. If you have just a little time left before going back to the ship, you can dive off shore from the hotel just a few feet from the dive shop.

Had a great time...
Stayed at Cobalt Resort (already have reservations again for next year) & dove with DiveTech. Cali & Ken from DiveTech were absolutely wonderful. They took us on some great dives (Bonnie's Arch was my favorite)! Saw a couple of nurse sharks & moray eels along with the usual reef fish.. One of the eels was swimming right beside me along the reef for a few seconds before I even noticed it. Didn't get to StingRay City, but that'll be on my list for next year!!

Cindy
:turtle:

Thanks for all the input. It will be a great trip.

Becky I live in a suburb called Prairie Village
=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom