Wesley Skiles' widow suing over rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Four years since Wes died.
Two years since the lawsuit was filed.
One year since Mark Derrick and DGE were dismissed from the suit.

Anyone know the status of the rest of the lawsuit?

Four years since Wes died.
Two years since the lawsuit was filed.
One year since Mark Derrick and DGE were dismissed from the suit.

Anyone know the status of the rest of the lawsuit?

And nothing in all of this will bring him back, ease the family's pain and difficulty or the impact on all those involved in the dive, the death or the backlash of the legal suit:shakehead:

I just recently watched a special on unexplored cave systems in FL/Bahamas in which he was featured. He was very enthusiastic in the documentary. Tragic case.

Hewitt: In recent years, there have been three landmark scuba diving cases. The first, Barrett v. Ambient Pressure Diving, involved a death related to the use of a rebreather. In the trial, the jury acknowledged the risks associated with technical diving and readily placed the responsibility on the diver for fully understanding the equipment, ensuring it was working properly and using the equipment correctly during the dive. They did not hold the manufacturer to higher safety standards such as those of automobile or lawnmower manufacturers.

Some precedence here for this case as well?

Taken from this article...
Alert Diver | Legal Liability in Diving

Old thread but the good news is the ridiculous law suit failed today.

Most of us work and pay taxes to support the entire world.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL dumbest comment I have EVER read on the internet. I'm talking about the last part of it in particular.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom