West Palm this Weekend 6/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm diving in West Palm this Sunday. Coming down from Tennessee. I've been reading about low viz and cool water. Should I be bummed or can someone give me a better report. Will I need the 3mm or is a .5 ok?

Thanks in advance!

Yup, there's been an upwelling, and most likely, the aftereffects of TS Alberto causedd the Lake O to be released out to sea.....last weekend we had some 15 feet viz and @ 70 degree water temps (I showed 72, another showed 69.....).

Was still a great dive. Fish are out, lobsters are teasing........I was in 5 mil and just right (though I'm always cold)....so you might want to go with your 3 mil if you're prone to chilliness.

parrotdiver:
I'm diving in West Palm this Sunday. Coming down from Tennessee. I've been reading about low viz and cool water. Should I be bummed or can someone give me a better report. Will I need the 3mm or is a .5 ok?

Thanks in advance!

If it were me i would dive the 5mil. We had some getting 65-68 on their computers Sunday in Jupiter. Last report I heard was Tuesday Viz 5-10 temps 65-68:(

Not only were the conditions bad up in WPB, but I did a dive in Key Largo as well... It was 73 on the Duane with about 30' of viz, and 78 -80 on Molasses Reef (82 at the surface) with about 45-50' of viz.

Boynton (where I went diving on Friday and Monday) last week, I saw 20' of viz and temps from 75-78 at depth.

Very unusually cold, and poor viz. The dives were great though... saw tons of fish.

howarde:
Not only were the conditions bad up in WPB, but I did a dive in Key Largo as well... It was 73 on the Duane with about 30' of viz, and 78 -80 on Molasses Reef (82 at the surface) with about 45-50' of viz.

Boynton (where I went diving on Friday and Monday) last week, I saw 20' of viz and temps from 75-78 at depth.

Very unusually cold, and poor viz. The dives were great though... saw tons of fish.
yea
lots of fish in boynton on friday. but cold and murky

Wednesday night off Lauderdale water temp was back to normal, 80's, and 30-40' viz.

-Tim

netmage:
Wednesday night off Lauderdale water temp was back to normal, 80's, and 30-40' viz.

-Tim
Sweet... I guess I can REALLY put that DS away for the summer now

Capt. Paul just posted a Jupiter report for 6/23

Visibility: 50 - 60 feet
Temp: 81

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom