Wet Suit Feedback, which have you loved, and which do you find issues with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like pennical wet suits. I have never had a problem with any of their products but pennical stands behind their products and will replace the suit if there are any problems with the suit.
The suit I currently have is their new elsataprene and Marino lined suit.

I've had the following:
O'Neil - 3mm - first one compressed to flat after a couple of tropical dive trips (40-50 dives). I took it back, dealer sent it in and they replaced it. The second one lasted longer maybe twice as long.
Bare - 5/4 - good fit for me even at ankles and wrists. can find them on sale often. They seem to have a good variety of sizing.
and full 5mm - a bit loose around the wrists but I have fairly skinny ones but I have wrist instruments so not a problem. I will probably go back to the 5/4 and a hood for tropical. I dive a lot on vacation usually 3-4, sometimes even 5 times a day.

I do wish I could find a front zip suit that would fit me. I can never get the back zip up without help. I am a bit reluctant to try other manufacturers as they all have different fits especially the European makes.

Henderson dropped the H2 suits so there are really good deals around, such as at LeisurePro, Scubatoys, and Amazon, but the sizes are starting to be limited. I just picked up one for less than half price.

After trying on wet suits from Bare, Aqua Lung, Henderson, O'Neill and a few others, over and over I felt most comfortable in the Hendersons. And just as suggested below, I found an H2 on Amazon for an unbelievable price. It arrived, I put it on and Gerry declared it "perfect" on me. LOL! Now to get into the water... can hardly wait.

Thank you all for the feedback, it really did help me.

enJOY!
gg

Henderson dropped the H2 suits so there are really good deals around, such as at LeisurePro, Scubatoys, and Amazon, but the sizes are starting to be limited. I just picked up one for less than half price.

bummed to learn about the life of a Bare Velocity, since I recently bought one. My old Mares lasted for almost 18 years. Never did fit right though. :)

I quite like Oceanic suits.
I've got a 1mm and a 3mm.
the 3mm has seals in the forearms and calves and a decent seal on the zip and around the neck.
The level of flow through the suit is negligible.
The 1mm suit is warmer than you'd expect too, I used it on a recent dive and was nice and warm while others in thicker suits were cold.

Just took a look at the ladies 3 mm on Amazon. Great price. Tempted to buy a back up!

I have been diving a Camaro stingray wetsuit for about 5 years. it has been holding up great. It is a semi-dry (not that it is that dry) it has zippers on the wrists and ankles with an inner sleeve to reduce water flow. it is pretty easy on and off. The knees and joints are pretty well engeneered so it is very comfortable. I am wearing it in my profile pic.

Henderson wetsuits are stretchy and easy to don/doff but not that warm millimeter for millimeter.

Harvey's Kobalt Proflex wetsuits have a smooth blue neoprene lining that is relatively impervious to water transfer, so they are quite nice and warm.

89446d1297306134-harveys-kobalt-pro-flex-farmer-john-wetsuit-harvey-2.jpg

I can't offer much regarding the best wetsuits for a woman. However, the best I've ever used was a custom M&B wetsuit. Custom suits are often considered expensive, but higher end off-the-rack wetsuits are coming close in price these days. Custom wetsuits often use better neoprene that keeps you warmer and lasts longer.

As for off-the-rack wetsuits, I've heard very good things about Aqualung but have never used one myself. I tend to favor Tilos. I've had very bad experiences with Henderson's lower end Neosport line and have heard from divers using their higher end products that longevity and warmth aren't always up to par. I've had one Seaquest suit that deteriorated in no time.

I do as many as 350 dives a year so I try to look for a wetsuit that will not compress easily over time and one that is well made and durable. I've generally found Tilos to meet my needs and still have a 10-year old 3/2 that I dive during summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom