wet suit practice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisher2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
i found out my 7mm is hard to get into but it fits well when its on so would practicing make it easyier on me?

Generally....yes. Going from a 3mm to a 7mm, like i did, took a few times to get used to pulling the extra neoprene. It should get easier for you with each subsequent donning and doffing of your 7mm.

my other problem is the zipper it wont budge unless someone else pulls a little and gets the zipper started am i a tiny bit to fat?

Can't help you with the zipper, but a lycra skin helps my wetsuit slide on more easily.
Dived with a woman who swore by lubing up with a little moisturizer mixed with water. She used Lubriderm, but I'd think any would do.
Someone else said they used a little baby shampoo with water...

A trick I saw someone using today was to put a standard plastic shopping bag over the arm or leg before putting it into the wetsuit. Looked like it really helped.

My LCS instructors use what they call "suit juice" which is a 10:1 mixture of baby shampoo and water.

It will get easier with practice. I find that the zipper pulls up better if I arch my shoulders backwards.

Welcome to cold water diving. It is always a bit of a struggle. When it is really hot, I will go take a dip to cool off after donning the wet suit then go and get my tanks.

I would use “Johnson” baby shampoo mixed with water. It won’t cause irritation. This mixture is a must when donning a spearfishing “open cell” neoprene wetsuit. So it should help put a regular neoprene wetsuit on.

If you roll the suit down so you are only pulling on the legs (one at a time) this will help.
Does that makes sence?:confused: Plastic bag trick also works very well, I would avoid any petro products. as far as the zipper you may need help with no matter what, ask you r bud
See you topside! John

my other problem is the zipper it wont budge unless someone else pulls a little and gets the zipper started am i a tiny bit to fat?
Maybe you're a lot too fat--it's hard to tell from here. :wink: Zipper wax might help, but my 7mm was never easy, and it was custom-made.

Search youtube for "putting on 7mm". There's a video of someone putting it on from inside out . . . you get the first part over your legs, and then roll the suit up the body. I can get on my 7mm in the same time as people dancing in their 3mm.

Back
Top Bottom