Wetsuit for bigmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am right there with you. I am 6'2" and 335lbs I have a Bare 3/2 Velocity 3XL and it fits me great. It is very stretchy neoprean and hugs my good. After all you dont want it too big because the places that are not XL will have lose non fitting neoprean.

TommyD is OK stuff at best. The wetsuits are ok short of the fact of the poor stitching (they dont handle too well to stress)
I have a few older guys in our group that are not ummmmm....Not small so they went the TommyD route. Cant beat the price thou.

I am your size and I found the best fit is with Pinnacle. The 4x elastoprene is the way to go. I have the 3 mil and 7 mil and they won't break the bank. If you got to a dry suit the king1 in the pinnacle has room to spare.

I'm a bigger girl and I really love Pinnacle wetsuits. I hear they are going to stop distributing to the USA, so if you are interested, find one asap. They have a ton of larger sizes, most in tall & short as well. I bought mine at leisurepro, which can be greymarket stuff, but the price is right and they have their own warranty :)

Thank you all for the info. I will check leisure pro out. I decided to give tommydsports a try. Good price so good customer service.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am a bigger guy myself 6'6" 300lbs i have looked at leisure pro and scuba.cm neither one had full wetsuits that would fit me. I did buy a hooded jacket that i plan on wearing under a fullsuit for the really cold deep dives. I got it in the mail today and it was a tight fit but should be ok after a few dives. I am planning on goign the tommy d route until i can afford a custom suit.

Does anyone have sugegstion on where to get custom or large suits for really tall men at?

If you can buy something off-the-shelf it would likely save you money. I am a bigger guy as well and I was able to buy an Akona off-the-shelf suit. They carry a 5XL suit in different thicknesses that would likely fit you. Also, those suits tend to be pretty stretchy. The size chart has a row for weight that indicates it fits someone up to 300lbs but that is misleading. What really matters is chest, waist and height. Take a measure of your chest and waist and compare it to the size chart.

Welcome to AKONA Adventure Gear!

You can likely order the suit you need online or through your LDS. For example, if you were looking for a 3MM suit you can find it at LeisurePro.

Akona Quantum Stretch Mens 3MM Jumpsuit

You can order one and try it on and if it doesn't fit return it for a refund.

Return Policy | LeisurePro.com

If you custom order through an LDS they often won't accept a return since it is a custom order and the likelihood of them finding another customer to buy it is low.

I'm 6'1" and 310lbs. I found Akona to be a good fit. I was 336lbs when I bought it and it fit good. It's a little loose now, but still fits ok. I really don't need a wet suit here in the summer, and went with a shorty. I think it was $110 new.

I am a bigger guy myself 6'6" 300lbs i have looked at leisure pro and scuba.cm neither one had full wetsuits that would fit me. I did buy a hooded jacket that i plan on wearing under a fullsuit for the really cold deep dives. I got it in the mail today and it was a tight fit but should be ok after a few dives. I am planning on goign the tommy d route until i can afford a custom suit.

Does anyone have sugegstion on where to get custom or large suits for really tall men at?

Try Liquid Fit - www.liquidfit.com

I got a plane black 7mm with zippers on the ankles. Cost was 400 ish. Used it for the last 2 years and has really worn well (looks and feels like new). I had a tailor take the measurements to ensure a proper fit.

Hope that helps

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom